the river severn
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThe River Severn. By Megan. The Source. The river source is where the river starts. They usually start on in hills or mountains as streams. Some streams start of as underground springs. The River Severn starts as a peat bog in the welsh mountains. Tributaries. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
The River Severn
The Source• The river source is where
the river starts.• They usually start on in
hills or mountains as streams.
• Some streams start of as underground springs.
• The River Severn starts as a peat bog in the welsh mountains.
Tributaries• The tributary is a
smaller river which flows into the large rivers. The tributaries can be little streams in the ground.
• The rivers: Teme, Bristol Avon and river Usk are tributaries of the River Severn.
Meanders• Meanders are where
then rivers turn, the river follows the softest part of land.
• The more water that flows the wider the meander is.
• The meanders always changes shape over time.
• The mouth is where the wideness of the increases.
• The mouth is where the river meets the sea.
• The mouth of the river Severn is the Bristol Channel.