user acquistion strategy 11 epic fails of big companies
out of 15
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONwww.mobileaction.co Our beta dashboard is now live for testing. Here are the 11 epic fails of big companies. App User Acquisition Strategy. App Store Optimization
- APP USER ACQUISITION STRATEGY: OF BIG COMPANIES 11 EPIC FAILS
- 8% TRIED TO OPTIMIZE THEIR KEYWORDS OUT OF 100 COMPANIES WE TALKED TO ONLY EPIC FAIL #1
- EPIC FAIL #2 DO NOT OPTIMIZE 100 of them THEIR APP NAME
- EPIC FAIL #3 Users will take less than 1 second to skim through the app store description within their mobile phone. We found that big companies do not make it easy to flick through descriptions. Our method is to use 3 bullet points to quickly summarize the description of an app.
- EPIC FAIL #4 LOW REVIEWS & RATINGS
- EPIC FAIL #5 USER FEEDBACK Big companies overlook the In-app user feedback option to avoid public scrutiny; this feature should never be ignored. Is anyone listening to user reviews & ratings?
- EPIC FAIL #6 PRODUCT ITERATION This should be Big Company's #1 priority. Simply read Cet Caldwell's, 5 Actionable Tips to Increase your App Retention Rate Above 30%.
- EPIC FAIL #7 SIMPLE UI/UX - Low Functionality - Slow & too many crashes - No Tip-Tools or Tutorials - Inefficient Authentication/Login Experience - Too many steps to complete 1 action
- EPIC FAIL #8 SHAREABILITY - In-app Share button - Email to Friend/SMS to friend - Social Media: FB, Twitter, Pinterest... - Embed code for web/blog/digg virality
- EPIC FAIL #9 QUANTITY VS QUALITY - Higher Category Rank or Higher ROI? - What about a higher retention rate? - More incentivised Downloads vs targeted downloads - Temporary Strategy vs Sustainability Strategy
- EPIC FAIL #10 FEW UPDATES - Updates are used to iterate on user feedback - Crashes and minor bug fixes - Innovation and new feature releases
- EPIC FAIL #11 Ad Network Spend - Big Companies have big ad budgets - Big companies overlook other factors and resolve with high ad spending - Obscene ad spending will hurt the brand, their users, competitors and the entire app ecosystem.
- AD SPENDING Temporary Spike
- OBSCENE AD SPENDING Chronicled Spikes in 1 year
- AVOID EPIC FAILURES Visit Us: www.mobileaction.co Our beta dashboard is now live for testing.
View more >