www. “double double toil and trouble fire burn, and cauldron bubble” macbeth, act 4,...
Click here to load reader
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- www.dykema.com DOUBLE DOUBLE TOIL AND TROUBLE FIRE BURN, AND CAULDRON BUBBLE Macbeth, Act 4, Scene 1 John A. Entenman 400 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243
- Slide 2
- Three Scottish witches await Macbeth. They want to double Macbeths troubles. Objects used: eye of newt, poisoned entrails, etc.
- Slide 3
- Today: What doubles your troubles? A. The Public Sector Revolution B. The National Labor Relations Board
- Slide 4
- The Public Sector: Ferment/Unrest Wisconsin Indiana Ohio Michigan Idaho Massachusetts New Jersey New Hampshire Tennessee New York City
- Slide 5
- Spillover Effect on Private Sector Energized unions (inflatable rats, anyone?) Energized Administration
- Slide 6
- The National Labor Relations Board Five members (when fully staffed) Four members today 3 pro-union 3 members = quorum Best management can do: lose 2-1
- Slide 7
- Legal pendulum NOT swinging managements way Micro Units Social Media Secret Recordings Bargaining (Tab A)
- Slide 8
- The Boeing Case IAM v Boeing v NLRB v Congress v Intervenors Did Boeing unlawfully retaliate against IAM by opening new facility in South Carolina to assemble Dreamliners?
- Slide 9
- Claim: Because IAM has struck Boeing, in Washington State, five (5) times (1977, 1989, 1995, 2005, and 2008), and Boeing wanted a second source for that reason, Boeing has interfered with the unions right to strike.
- Slide 10
- Unfair Labor Practice Hearing started June 14, expected to last several months. Decision of ALJ = Spring, 2012? Decision of NLRB = Fall, 2012? Decision of Court of Appeals = ???