140 twitter marketing tips for 2013
Post on 08-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA collection of Twitter marketing tips from all over the world.
- #1 @DavidSpinks If youre not seeing results, its probably not twitters fault, its how youre using it. Thats ok. Reevaluate why youre there and apply.
- #2 @divinewrite Help people.
- #3 @calamity7373 Create a dialogue with your followers, dont just push promotions about your brand in their face.
- #4 Twitter about how youre promoting your business, or how youre getting paid, give followers something they can use! @DunnMich
- #5#6 Dont just talk about your product, talk about your area of expertise. And the key talk - have a dialog with your customers or potential customers.
- #6 Be the first to share. Get an RSS feed of topical news for your industry and post a link as soon as breaking news hits the search engines.
- #7 @UTFCU - From reports Ive seen, were the first credit union to use Twitter. We promote rates, products, special events.
- #8 Have you written a lot? Tweet the titles of all articles you have written, and each URL, so your followers can easily find them - @BeerFoxTM
- #9 Twitter is a conversation. Take some time to listen to what is going on and respond, dont just talk at people. @virtualewit
- #10 From @hatmandu: dont just use auto-follow tools to spam legions of people - instead, create individual conversations
- #11 Use Twitter as way to grow your networks on other social media channels. It can be the hub of your social media wheel, each channel a spoke
- #12 Marketing is about promoting what your expertise is & how that is advantageous to someone else. Now get to tweeting that!
- #13 Twitter is not a scripted dialog. It is an open conversation between you, your followers and your potential followers. @followthecolson
- #14#15 We all got to learn somehow! Just so much to learn, and so many followers.
- #15 If someone you know has good news (e.g., been promoted), but is too modest to Tweet about it, you might consider Tweeting about it yourself. @appellatelaw
- #16#17 @bradjward - Dont get caught up in the numbers game. 100 relevant followers on Twitter is worth more than 1000 followers any day of the week.
- #17#18 @makingcjc - learn how to RT (re- tweet) it not only helps you stay active, but lets people know what your interested in.
- #18#19 "Retweet" is a powerful tool on Twitter; helps to build your brand, following, trust & seen as an expert in your field - @mayhemstudios
- #19 Twitter is as good as the people you follow - @lookwebdesign
- #20#3 @mooshinindy - Be yourself on twitter. People will either love you or hate you for it but at least its you.
- #21 @sarahebuckner: It drives me crazy when people dont post for a few hours, then post 9 times in a row. If they do that a lot, I unfollow.
- #22 @KristieKreation - Dont just retweet, post links and post quotes!! Make sure you carry on conversations so others know a little about you.
- #23#23 @TimPiazza: When you trend, trying to follow your brand is like riding in the front of a roller coaster. Every moment thrills and scares.
- #24#24 @watsonk2 - Tweet 80% content your readers will find helpful and 20% self promotion. A good mix will get you farther than 100% promotion.
- #25#25 @Arsene333: Before you click send ask yourself "Would I follow this person solely based on this one tweet?" If yes, clink send.
- #26#26 Find the perfect balance between the quantity of your tweet versus the quality.
- #27#27 Make sure youre able to talk to the people who follow you. Make sure your on when their own, and free to chat.
- #28#28 If business has taught you anything is that you have to pick a content niche. Apply that to Twitter.
- #29#29 DONT BE STUCK UP! Talk to the people who took time to mention you, follow you, and/or DM you.
- #30#30 @SandyDfromNJ - Twitter is a great place to clarify your vision, mission & message. Are you being Re-Tweeted?
- #31#31 Like in Shakespeare the more interesting characters are rounded, not flat or static. So be well rounded (or appear to be).
- #32#32 First- Get followers. Second- Keep followers. Sounds easy right? Its actually not. It takes patience and hard work.
- #33#33 @Arsene333: Think of Twitter as your own public relations campaign.
- #34#34 You are the brand!!! Nothing else. Youre selling yourself as a person, your company and showing that you are worthy of being followed.
- #35#35 Be human. Dont be the person who only talks about their product/service. Interact w/ peoplel (RT, DM, etc) on a personal level.
- #36#36 Dont be all over the place. Be known as the go to page for a topic, and as a reliable source for information on that topic.
- #37#37 @jennielees - Pay it forward - giving is as good as getting, and social capital is invaluable. Its not all about you any more.
- #38#38 Twitter can be a powerful tool for customer service. Listen, monitor and respond.
- #39#39 @Alonis - DO NOT PUSH YOUR PRODUCT. There, in 26 characters.
- #40#40 @azvibe - Dont use twitter if all youre going to do is promote the latest and greatest or ask for help for your business. Be yourself!!
- #41#41 @KevinEikenberry - The 3 Twitter Marketing Ps To use twitter effectively, be provocative, provide value, and most of all, be personable
- #42#42 Remember that Twitter is about communicating, not marketing. Focus on adding value to the conversation, not selling something to someone
- #43#43 @Chadrichards - identify, engage, respond, repeat ;)
- #44#44 @JillHarding - Simply be genuine and share useful information as in time it will come back to you.
- #45 @ExactTarget People dont buy from logos. People buy from people. Your social media engagement should reflect that.
- #46#46 If you murder someone, dont Tweet about it. Bad for the brand - @brianspaeth
- #47#47 Broadcasting is great for TV. Not for Twitter. Participation is a two-way street. Get to know your groups and they will get to know you - @chuckgose
- #48#48 Focus on building conversations and relationships and the followers will come - @roundpeg
- #49 Utilize lists to keep followers organized and segmented. It helps.
- #50#50 Build relationships. Share ideas and info with people who have similar interests and then meet them offline @gioias
- #51 If you decide to use Twitter to communicate, build a strategy and deliver value to your followers.
- #52#52 Listen. Listen. Listen. And engage in conversations. Do not spam.
View more >