CloudStack Clients and Tools
Post on 07-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is an early version of a deck I am working on to describe the clients and tools that you can use with CloudStack. CloudMonkey is covered in another presentation, apache libcloud is a python package which provides abstractions to many cloud providers, deltacloud is a ruby abstraction layer similar to libcloud which provides a standard CIMI frontend, jclouds is a leading abstraction for java applications. Apache Whirr builds on jclouds to provide on-demand big data infrastructure on clouds. All tools are within the Apache Software Foundation, either top level projects of in the incubator (jclouds). this makes the ASF a one stop shop for your cloudplatform, your big data solution and your cloud clients. With Stratos from WSO2 joining the incubator, this means that the ASF now has a PaaS solution, completing the cloud ecosystem. One foundation, clear governance and processes, IaaS, BigData, PaaS and clients.
- 1. CloudStack clients and ToolsSebastien Goasguen@sebgoaJune 13th2013Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2. Examples
- 3. CloudMonkey$ cloudmonkey Apache CloudStack ? cloudmonkey 4.1.0-snapshot3.Type help or ? to list commands.>
- 4. libcloud Python module thatprovides a CloudProvider API abstraction Ability to write appsusing multiple providers Now with an improvedCloudStack driver
- 5. jClouds Under Incubation at theApache SoftwareFoundation (ASF) Wrapper to multiplecloud providers Basis of many Cloudtools
- 6. Deltacloud Cloud Provider APIabstraction Good way to get aDMTF CIMI interface Avoid lock-in for apps ?
- 7. Ruby client
- 8. StackmateAWS CF
- 9. GCE
- 10. ApacheWhirr Big Data Provisioningtool Deploys Hadoop, cdh,Hbase, Yarn, etc in theCloud Use jclouds Works with multiplecloud providersincluding CloudStack
- 11. Chef with knife-cs
- 12. Conclusion Build your Open Cloud with Apache SoftwareFoundation softwarePaaS ?
- 13. Thankyou and Info Apache Top Level project http://www.cloudstack.org #cloudstack on irc.freenode.net @cloudstack on Twitter http://www.slideshare.net/cloudstack http://www.slideshare.net/sebastiengoasguen http://www.youtube.com/diycloudcomputing http://cloudstack.apache.org/mailing-lists.htmlWelcoming contributions and feedback !Sebastien Goasguen@sebgoa
View more >
CloudStack Installation Documentation - Read the Docs ?· CloudStack Installation Documentation, Release…
Ceph as (primary) storage for Apache CloudStack - storage for cloudstack... · Apache CloudStack Apache…
CloudStack Installation Guide CloudStack 4.0.2 CloudStack Installation Guide open source cloud computing…
Xen*, SDN and Apache Cloudstack - CloudStack Citrix EMEA August 28th 2012 ... NetScaler Load Blancer Private IP ... Intro to Cloudstack Author:
CloudStack Scalability Testing, Development, Results, and Futures Anthony Xu Apache CloudStack contributor.