ePortfolios in the Faculty of Dentistry Didactic choices ePortfolio special project International Peer Review.
Post on 20-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- ePortfolios in the Faculty of Dentistry
- Slide 3
- Didactic choices ePortfolio special project International Peer Review
- Slide 4
- History www.blog.dentistry.ubc.ca
- Slide 5
- Reasons for a portfolio: to develop student skills, creativity, research, critical thinking, reflection
- Slide 6
- the ePortfolio has allowed me to see where my mistakes were and to think of ways to overcome obstacles -reflection, critical thinking, creativity
- Slide 7
- Reasons for a Portfolio: more knowledgeable about ones profession increases understanding of different perspectives stimulating and empowering
- Slide 8
- this allows me to have a profound understanding behind restorative dentistry - more knowledgeable about ones profession
- Slide 9
- definitely allowed me to operate on my patients with more confidence and a better understanding -stimulating and empowering
- Slide 10
- Reasons for a portfolio: compilers become more knowledgeable about their profession
- Slide 11
- the levels of detail explored during the research enabled me to actually learn the material rather than memorize
- Slide 12
- Project a learning exchange between dental students Developed a web-platform www.diastemas.net Funded by U21 dental
- Slide 13
- An International Digital Learning Community covering 4 continents
- Slide 14
- 6 Faculties of Dentistry Hong KongSan Francisco Saskatoon Birmingham Melbourne Vancouver
- Slide 15
- Purpose of the IPR Higher Education o globally shared university learning outcomes o communication skills o global citizenship o intercultural communication
- Slide 16
- Purpose of the IPR Initiatives by ADEE and ADEA o standardize dental education through commonly agreed upon graduate outcomes and competencies Cowpe et al 2008 Walmsley
- Slide 17
- University of Melbourne IPR Ryan, Michelle, Mike W and Jordan G
- Slide 18
- Similarities Take radiographs first Check occlusion Slot is
- Slide 19
- Differences The weatherhahahaha No GV Black Classification system new classification system Big emphasis at looking at dimensions of contacts before prep Proximal = Approximal Dentin = Dentine Bur numbers
- Slide 20
- Fun Facts CPP-ACP = Recaldent Invented by Prof Eric Reynolds who is the Dean of U of Melbourne Unique natural Ca and P stabilizing peptide derived from casein Improves efficacy and speed of F uptake Now found in Trident Gum Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBtoj3 3Rx-0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBtoj3 3Rx-0
- Slide 21
- Reflections: it didnt require so much work that I was really stressed out .. But I think I learned a lot
- Slide 22
- Reflections: It made me feel more connected to my peers around the world
- Slide 23
- Reflections: Before this project I would have said something was done poorly now I would say it was done differently
- Slide 24
- Intro - School Intro - Prep - Resto - Conclusion VS.
- Slide 25
- Class II Composite Preparation Outline form determined by caries Make restoration/preparation as small as possible No undermined enamel Sharp cavosurface edge/margin UCSF - Straight facial and lingual walls exposes enamel rods and functions as a bevel UBC Divergent walls - exposes enamel rods, allows restoration to fall out should bonding fail Proximal box extends proximally at 90 angle to edge of tooth UCSF lingual extension normally larger for finishing purposes due to limited visibility of lingual area
- Slide 26
- Round end taper fissure Straight fissure Inverted cone Pear
- Slide 27
- Slide 28
- Reflections: To be able to interact with someone on a professional level in other parts of the world was a great experience
- Slide 29
- Reflections: They are just like me learning the same stuff
- Slide 30
- Reflections: For 3 years we have been hearing evidence based this and that but now I see why it is important
- Slide 31
- Slide 32
- Future direction scholarship How does the IPR meet its objective for student learning?
- Slide 33
- Future direction scholarship How does ipr learning support global competencies?
- Slide 34
- Future direction scholarship What multilerate capabilities are required to effectively engage in a dental IPR community?
- Slide 35
- Future direction scholarship The effectiveness of blogging The effectiveness of summative vs formative The effect of cultural differences on the project
- Slide 36
- Future direction scholarship To consider if the IPR aids in The treatment of complex Patient treatment
- Slide 37
- UBC 4 tier learning community 1.Lurkers 2. Novices 3. Regulars 4. Elders
- Slide 38
View more >
EPortfolio Otterbein University. What is ePortfolio? ePortfolios are platforms for students, faculty and alumni, to showcase their work and ideas. ePortfolios.
ePortfolio hub Higher Education in and Usage of ePortfolios by Faculty in Higher Education in Ireland: Findings from a Faculty Survey Collect. Reect. Present. ePortfolio
EPortfolios. Ambition in Action www.sit.nsw.edu.au ePortfolios /What is an ePortfolio /Examples of ePortfolios /RPL & ePortfolios /What is digital evidence?
EPortfolios. Introduction to ePortfolios Your ePortfolio will be a unique presentation of your educational career. The ePortfolio is a unique tool that.
Australian ePortfolio higher education and vocational education and ... Use of ePortfolios: Higher education and VET respondents ... Australian ePortfolio Project: ...
Why ePortfolios? Student Perceptions of ePortfolio ePortfolios? Student Perceptions of ePortfolio Use in ... Over the past decade, there has been an increased exploration of ePortfolios in higher educationAuthors: B Wuetherick John DickinsonAffiliation: Dalhousie UniversityAbout: Reflection Editing Nonparametric statistics Statistics Fine art Int
Special School Peer Review Project - Essex Schools and Excellence Special School Peer Review Project This is a project using supported peer review methodology designed around a school to school support model, to help Essex special schools quality assure their ...
Stimulating Lifelong Learning: The ePortfolio in Lifelong Learning: The ePortfolio in Dutch Higher Education SURFfoundation ... ePortfolios appear to have the potential to
EPortfolios for Assessment @ CSM. Why ePortfolios? ePortfolio technology: documents students learning in a more visible, meaningful, and appropriate.
EPortfolio Research Team: Common Understandings. ePortfolios are in their infancy Conversations with individuals and institutions involved with ePortfolios.
EPortfolios at the University of Wollongong Reviewing the progress of a campus-wide ePortfolio rollout.
EPortfolio Inquiry Project Zach Tucker. History ePortfolios find their roots in traditional paper portfolios. These were used for collecting personal.
FACULTY OF DENTISTRY - University of 1 of 5 Faculty of Dentistry, International Dentist Degree Program 2012-2013
FACULTYOF Dentistry FACULTY OF Dentistry ORAL BIOLOGY DEPARTEMENT FACULTYOF Dentistry FACULTY OF Dentistry ORAL BIOLOGY DEPARTEMENT.