good mothers, _____________, 2012 great mothers. good mothers, great mothers “the difference...
out of 24
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Good Mothers, _____________, 2012 Great Mothers
- Slide 2
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers The difference between something good and something great is attention to detail. Charles R. Swindoll What is good by todays definition? Doing what you believe is best for your children and your family makes you a good mother, no matter if it fits anyone elses standard. Relax, Youre Being a Good Mom, WebMD article
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers The Bible clearly distinguishes what it means to be good and great not just concerning motherhood. It is one thing for us to desire to be good people; it is another thing entirely for us to strive for excellence. All of those desiring to be spiritual (including mothers) have a calling to be great!
- Slide 5
- Good vs. Great Luke 17:9-10 Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. 10 So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do. 1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world our faith. Revelation 3:21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
- Slide 6
- Great Women acc. To Proverbs Proverbs 31:10 Who can find a virtuous wife (or wife of valor, excellence)? For her worth is far above rubies. Proverbs 31:29 Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all.
- Slide 7
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers Good Mothers use teachable moments to educate their children. -Luke 2:41-43, 48
- Slide 8
- Luke 2:41-43; 48 His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. 43 When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it; So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.
- Slide 9
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers Good Mothers use teachable moments to educate their children. -Luke 2:41-43, 48 Great Mothers teach their children all of their lives. -Deuteronomy 11:18-20; Proverbs 31:26; Titus 2:1-5
- Slide 10
- Deuteronomy 11:18-20 Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 19 You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 20 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates
- Slide 11
- Proverbs 31:26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness.
- Slide 12
- Titus 2:1-3 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: 2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things
- Slide 13
- Titus 2:4-5 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
- Slide 14
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers Good Mothers make the daily bread of their children a priority. -Matthew 7:8-11
- Slide 15
- Matthew 7:8-11 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
- Slide 16
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers Good Mothers make the daily bread of their children a priority. -Matthew 7:8-11 Great Mothers make the Living Bread a priority for their children. -2 Timothy 1:3-5
- Slide 17
- 2 Timothy 1:3-5 I remember you in my prayers night and day, 4 greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy, 5 when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice
- Slide 18
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers Good Mothers want the best for their children. There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. Chinese Proverb -Matthew 20:20-21
- Slide 19
- Matthew 20:20-21 Then the mother of Zebedees sons came to Him with her sons, kneeling down and asking something from Him. 21 And He said to her, What do you wish? She said to Him, Grant that these two sons of mine may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on the left, in Your kingdom.
- Slide 20
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers Good Mothers want the best for their children. There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. Chinese Proverb -Matthew 20:20-21 Great Mothers give the very best to their children. -Acts 16:14-15; Proverbs 31:15, 27-28, 30-31
- Slide 21
- Acts 16:14-15 Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. 15 And when she and her household were baptized, she begged us, saying, If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay. So she persuaded us.
- Slide 22
- Proverbs 31:15, 27-28 She also rises while it is yet night, And provides food for her household, And a portion for her maidservants. She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness. 28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her
- Slide 23
- Proverbs 31:30-31 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. 31 Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her own works praise her in the gates.
- Slide 24
- Good Mothers, Great Mothers Each day of our lives we make deposits into the memory banks of our children. --Charles R. Swindoll
View more >