Post on 12-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.LIFE PROCESSES Looking at living things
2. Living things
- Although all living things look different from each other, they all haveseventhings in common.
- These seven things are calledlife processes .
- Something is only alive if it doesallseven processes.
3. THE SEVEN LIFE PROCESSES 4. 1 All living thingsmove 5.
- Animals move their whole bodies to get from one place to another.
- Plants turn towards the light and their roots grow down into the soil.
6. 2 All living things reproduce 7.
- Animals have babies.
- New plants grow from seeds.
8. 3 All living things aresensitive 9.
- All living things respond to changes. Living things notice changes in their surroundings and react to them.
- Eg. Plants grow towards the light.
- Eg. People react to the temperature around them.
10. 4 All living things need nutrition 11.
- Food is used to provide energy.
- Green plants make their own food using sunlight.
- Animals eat plants or other animals.
12. 5 All living things excrete 13.
- Waste substances must be removed from the body.
- Plants and animals both need to get rid of waste gas and water.
14. 6 All living things respire 15.
- Plants and animals use the oxygen in the air to turn food into energy.
16. 7 All living things grow 17.
- Babies grow into adults.
- Seedlings grow into plants.
18. The seven life processes
- 6 Respire
- 7 Grow
19. Use the first letter from each process to help you remember them.
- M ove
- R eproduce
- S ensitive
- N utrition
- E xcrete
- R espire
- G row
- They spellMRS NERG
20. This isMRS NERG!
- Can you remember what each of the letters in her name stand for ?
21. M ove R eproduce S ensitive N utrition E xcrete R espire G row 22. Well done !