Navigating your Social Media Strategy
out of 21
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Navigating Web 2.0: Finding your way towards an effective Social Media Strategy Presented by Courtney Spencer
- 2. Social Media?
- 3. Online Communities
- 4. Social Networks
- 5. Twitter .
- 6. Blogs
- 7. RSS Reader
- 8. Multimedia Sharing
- 9. Social Media Strategy? In short, Social Media Strategy is the process of effectively interacting and communicating on the world wide web.
- 10. Social Media Strategy Cheat Sheet Social Media is ALL about people. Must be willing to take a risk Communities and Conversations are key. Customers are in control, Corporations who control will lose out. All departments of an organization must be involved or informed. Measurement is always important, but not all forms are important. Internal Communication (between employees) is important. The Internet, Extranet and the Intranet are impacted. Social Media is time. Social Media is not a cure.
- 11. Should your company implement all parts of the Social Media strategy? The mechanisms for putting these strategies into action vary depending on the resources and time allocations your company can make on its own, or if you decide to work with an agency.
- 12. Why is having a Social Media Strategy important? Conversations! 1.Companies are now able to communicate with their markets directly 2.Markets are conversation 3.Markets are now becoming more informed about products than the actual companies 4.Markets are net-worked from person-to- person who are joined together in conversation.
- 13. CAUTION! Never attempt to Control Conversations, But in order to have better control over your brand you MUST participate in conversations!
- 14. Community 1. Build a non-marketing community to help build better relationships with your customers. 2. Creates Buzz! 3. Allows companies to connect with their core customer. 4. Delivers a voice for your company.
- 15. What results can I expect? 1. Greater Brand Awareness 2. Leverage Current Marketing efforts 3. More sales 4. Buzz 5. Better company interaction 6. Quality Products 7. Positive Conversation
- 16. If implemented correctly it works! The computer company, Dell, was one of the first organizations to implement a successful Social Media Strategy. So how did Dell do it
- 17. Dells Strategy 1. Team of Managers that connected directly with consumers through blogs, forums, etc. 2. Monitoring and tracking Conversations that mention Dell online. 3. Dell does not censor criticism, instead responds to all comments. 4. All employees are encouraged to interact with communities 5. Creation of the DirectDell Blog 6. CEO supports community interaction 7. Created Buzz around their brand by being open with their customers
- 18. What should I measure to ensure I am on the right track? 1. Buzz -Number of positive blog posts -Quality of content shared -Always monitor conversations 2. Traffic -Number of links from other sites to the Brands URLS -Number of posts linking to the brand
- 19. Tools for Metrics! Google Alerts and Google Analytics Technorati Account Feedburner Subscribers Self-Monitor Facebook fan demographics/ number of fans Number of Twitter fans Twitter Search Self create charts that track strategy actions taken by the company compared to number of fans/growth in a particular month
- 20. In Conclusion Implementing a Social Media Strategy can be risky. Many companies are finding it difficult to navigate through the unknowns of web 2.0 and the mass amounts of information that comes with it. Dont Rush! Take time to plan out your strategy and goals. Social Media strategies take time but if done correctly, it is well worth the risk!
- 21. Questions? Contact: Cspencer@experience.com or Court12.email@example.com Twitter: @CourtSpencer
View more >