presentation 2 be prepared
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresentation Skills (5 parts)
- 1. Presentation 2 Stage one: Inspiration & Preparation
2. Analysis of the situation Orientation Objectives Time Place Room Context Public Subject You 3. Situational analysis A
- Whats thesubject ?
- What does the audience expect?
- Free or Prescribed?
- Whats your relation to the subject?
- Topical / relevant / funny / interesting?
- Whats thepurpose ?
- To inform? / giving insight? / Thought-provoking?
- Affective / expressive / emotional
- To motivate / connect
- To influence / to persuade / to sell?
- Personal / Business / Occasional
- Who is giving the assignment; what does he want?
- Priorities / focus
- Why shouldyoudo this?
- Willing? / Able?
- Your credibility? Expert?
4. Situational analysis B
- What/who is youraudience ?
- Who are they? (age, profession, knowledge level, social status)
- What do they want? (questions / motives / expectations
- What do they know already / do they want to know
- General attitude to the subject: +/-?
- What do they think of you?
- Time,placeand room?
- Morning / afternoon / evening
- Rural / city / far away
- Classroom/ hall / equipment
- Whats the Framework ?
- serial / a one-off?
- Panel discussion / debate
- Part of a course?
- Keynote speaker or additional?
- Starter / at the middle or at the end ?
5. Situational analysis A & B Choices & The Blend Objectives Time Place Room Context Public Subject You Choices: What How 6. Situational analysisThe 6 Ws
- What the topic?
- Why purpose?
- Whom public?
- Who speaker?
- Where place / accommodation?
- When when?
- >> whichWay?
- Is there a better way?
- Someone better
- Video conferencing
8. Situational analysis Be Sharp Cut to the core Subject and core-target! & For the time being message 9. The Inspirational stage Exploration / Sources study
- What do I know already? / What do I want to know better?
- Mind-mapping / associate / intuition
- Private sources
- Articles / books / personal archive
- Friends /Network resources
- What makes sense?!
- Google / Wikipedia
- Manuals / encyclopedias
- Magazines / Journals / DVDs
10. Thought Provoking Diverge Converge Diverge brainstorming associate collect Converge Classify Arrange Delete Choose 11. The essence / core
- What am I going to do?
- About What?
- Whats the purpose ?
- For Whom?
- In Which way?
- Where and when?
- (Can I say it in a slogan / one sentence?)