short stories - megan
Post on 15-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Short Stories: Because reading and writing is good for your brains, and possibly also for your skin.
2. The Rules: A Short Story Should 3. 4. What is in a Short Story?
- A storyline or plot what happens?
- Point of view who is telling the story?
- The characters who is involved in the plot?
- The setting when and where?
- A theme a message about life
5. Identifying the Theme
- 1. Analyze and understand the main character
- 2. Figure out the conflict it will always involve the main character (with self, others, society or nature)
- 3. Decide how the conflict is resolved did good triumph over evil?What is implied?
- 4. Make a generalization what do the above three aspects imply to us about life?
- Is the larger vision of life that the story seems designed to convey
- In other words, its the message about life that the writer wants to share
- All bits and pieces of the story should be based off of the theme
7. Why do Writers Write?
- To entertain
- To inspire questioning and thinking
- To take a position or share an opinion
- To push a reader to feel
8. Write for Me
- Your name
- Your thoughts on reading and writing