out of 18
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Talent Selection How to ensure selection is eective and ecient.
- to ensure we are recruiting people who can be developed through our leadership model and who can contribute to our organisation (through exchange) why is selection important?
- process of selection THE
- APP An individual buys a form/application. ! The purpose of the application is to: use it as a marketing tool collect basic information about the applicant
- APP check wiki for resources!
- SCREEN The applicant then arrives at a selection venue, sees job descriptions and lls in their preferences. ! Here they are given a short presentation on the Job Descriptions that are available for the Local Committee and are able to read/ ask questions to LCEB/ other TMP available. ! The candidate is then asked to ll the pre-interview questionnaire that contains a basic competency assessment and allows the candidate to provide their preferences for job descriptions.
- Why do we have the Pre-Interview Questionnaire? In order to assess and allocate candidates to job descriptions we need to see their competency level as well as their preferences and future aspirations to ensure we are tailoring to the individual and organisational need.
- FGD The Candidate will then be taken to case studies. ! Here candidates must demonstrate their ability to work in a team and problem solve.
- FGD example of case study scoring sheet Aditya is giving his CAT examination. It is his dream of doing hisstudiesfrom one of the IIMs. He has always been a studious boy and has beensincere in his academics. Being from a middle class family, his parents haveinvested everything for his academics. But on the fateful day of his CAT examination, pressure caused Aditya to cheat and getting caught. You are the teacher who has caught him cheating. What would you do in thiscase? example of case check wiki for resources!
- PI ! The purpose of the behavioural interview is to assess the candidates on: ! overall competency assessment Job description t - based on preference and previously identied competencies. Cultural Fit Finally, candidates sit the personal interview 1. Please note: not all candidates that attend the Case Studies should be allowed to continue to Personal Interview. Candidates that do not make the cut-o score for Case Studies should not receive a Personal Interview.
- Ideally: Recruitment Form enabled you to gather basic info on the candidate Pre-interview Questionnaire: gives basic info on their preferences and further basic competency assessment. Group Discussions/ Case Studies: gives strong competency assessment about an individuals ability to work in teams, communicate and their thought process. The GD/CSs should also be tailored towards assessing key competencies within your job descriptions/ local committee selection criteria.
- Ideally you understand/have: Basic motivations about why they want to join AIESEC You have narrowed down key JDs this individual is fit for. The personal Interview can now focus in on assessment for those specific JDs. Competency Assessment demonstrating that this candidate can develop leadership through AIESEC and has the basic competencies of an AIESECer. whats missing? Made a basic expectation setting about what is AIESEC.
- Dene your key objectives for Personal Interviews: 1. Assessing Cultural Fit 2. Finalising JD Allocation 3. Sign Off/ Check From Executive Team
- PI Interview Template The interview is based on the concept that competencies is measured based on behaviour. As behaviour denes actions.
- The nal step of the selection process is Personal Interview 2. ! This is the interview for the Local Committee President to sign o on the new recruit. The purpose of the interview is to assess: overall cultural t and give LCP ownership over the selection process. ! PI
- pitfalls of selection THE
- what to watch out for? key challenges lack of interview skills training within EB/ recruiters team Tools and resources are there, however usage by interviewers demonstrates poor skills training in recruitment/selection. No carry-forward How are the Recruitment Forms/ Case Study assessments being used to refer to within the interview.
- To help check out our recruitment course for EBs! https://learningacad.appspot.com/interviewing
View more >