what’s the rule? do my homework first when i get home
Post on 19-Jan-2016
Embed Size (px)
Whats the rule?Do my homework first when I get home.
Whats the rule?I must read a book before I can watch TV.
Whats the rule?Play basketball only on weekends.
Whats the rule?I have to help mom make diner every day.
Whats the rule?I have to practice the violin for an hour after dinner.
Whats the rule?Dont see friends on weekends.
Dear Dr. Know, ____ you help me? Im not happy because there are too many rules at home. Every morning, I ____ get up at six oclock. At school, I _____ wear a school uniform, and I ______ keep my hair short. After school, I ____ play with my friends or watch TV because I ______ do my homework. I ___ relax on weekends either because I ___ learn to play the piano. I never have fun, what ___ I do? Zhao Pei 3a Complete Zhao Peis letters to Dr. Know using have to / must, can / cant.
must, have to, can, cant must have tocancant2. oreither5.
Dear Dr. Know, ____ you help me? Im not happy because there are too many rules at home. Every morning, I ____ get up at six oclock. At school, I _______ wear a school uniform, and I ______ keep my hair short. After school, I ____ play with my friends or watch TV because I ____ do my homework. I ____ relax on weekends either because I _____ learn to play the piano. I never have fun, what ___ I do? Zhao Pei have toCanhave tomustCheck the answers.mustcantcantmustcan
3b Complete the chart with the rules in your home and school. Check the rules you think are unfair.
I cant go out on school nights. I must do the homework first after school.I cant watch TV before I practice the piano.I have to wear the uniform at school.I have to keep my hair short. I cant see friends on school days. I must get up before 6:30 and practice English. I cant be noisy or eat in class.
Things I have to doThings I cant do
Write a letter to Dr. Know. Tell him about all the rules and how you feel about them.
1. 3b2. 3. Can you help me?
Dear Dr. Know,_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Li YanCan you help me? Im not happy because therere too many rules in my life. I must get up before 6:30 and practice English every morning. I cant go out on school nights. I cant meet friends on school days. I must do my homework first after school. I cant watch TV before I practice the piano.I have to wear the school uniform at school. I have to keep my hair short. I cant be noisy or eat in class. What can I do?One possible version
1 Fill in the blanks with the words in the box. arrive late, listen to, be noisy, follow the rules, be strict
My name is Timmy the Mouse. I must get up early at 6:30 a.m. every morning. Then I have to go to the kitchen to get food for Grandpa. I never _________ to the kitchen because I have to get there before the cat gets up. My grandpa always tells me I cant _______. I _______ him because I dont want the cat to get me! My grandpa ________ with me, but I think its best to ______________.listen toisn't strictbe noisy arrive late follow the rules
Suppose you are the little mouse. Retell your story to your partners. My names Timmy the Mouse. I must
2 Use can/cant, have to/must and dont to write about the rules at school. Write two sentences for each rule.arrive late/ class _____________________________________________________2. listen/ teacher__________________________________ ___________________Dont arrive late for class. We cant arrive late for class. We must/ have to listen to our teachers at school.
3. be noisy/ library______________________________ ______________________________4. speak English/ English class______________________________ ______________________________5. eat/ dining hall ______________________________We must/can speak English in the English class.We cant be noisy in the library. Dont be noisy in the library.We must/can eat in the dining hall.
1. wear uniforms, at school __________________________________2. clean my room, every Sunday _________________________________We must wear uniforms at school.I must clean my room every Sunday.Make more sentences.
3. go to a movie, on school nights __________________________________4. leave dirty dishes, after dinner? __________________________________ __________________________________5. drive, before, eighteen __________________________________I cant leave dirty dishes in the kitchen after dinner.Dont go to a movie on school nights.You cant drive before youre eighteen.
keep + / + We must keep our classroom clean every day. How can you keep the fruit fresh?
2. learn (1) learn + Ms. Wu helps me to learn English on weekends. (2) learn to do sth. Lets learn to play chess after class.
1. Im not _____ because therere ___ ____ rules.2. We ____ ____ our hair ____ at school. 3. I ____ watch TV __ play basketball ____ school.afterhappycant ortoo manymust keep short
4. I ____ ____ on Saturday _____ because I ____ __ ____ __ play the piano. 5. Our teachers ___ _____ ____ us. have to learn tocant relaxare strict witheither
2. If you are Dr. Know. Write a short letter to Zhao Pei.1. Retell the story of Timmy the Mouse to your parents at home.