Can Digital Badges Increase Capacity for Teaching Online?
out of 25
Post on 05-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHow we have implemented digital badges into our Teaching Online Certification workshops.
- 1. Can Digital Badges Increase Capacity for Teaching Online? Bill Knapp Dean of Learning Technologies Lakeland Community College firstname.lastname@example.org @itbill on Twitter
- 2. Lakeland Learning Technologies Lakeland Community College Kirtland, Ohio http://www.lakelandcc.edu/lt/ Lakeland Community College
- 3. The Problem is Capacity
- 4. Growth in Distance Learning 0 2000 4000 6000 8000 10000 12000 fall 2005 fall 2006 fall 2007 fall 2008 fall 2009 fall 2010 fall 2011 fall 2012 fall 2013 total count online count
- 5. OBR Academic Program Review guidelines and procedures the expectation that faculty members who teach online courses must be prepared for teaching in an online environment.
- 6. Top Challenges for DL Administrators 1. Engaging faculty in development of online pedagogy 2. Evaluation of faculty 3. Training 4. Workload issues 5. Compensation 6. Technical support 7. Intellectual property / ownership issues 8. Recruitment 9. Buy-in to e-learning - ITC Distance Ed Survey 2013
- 7. Who Teaches Online?
- 8. Quality Assurance
- 9. Instructional Design Support
- 10. Develop Teaching Online Certification Peer-to-peer Training Options Recognize accomplishments with Digital Badges Integrate Quality Matters Standards Our Solution
- 11. Peer-to-Peer Training
- 12. Teaching with Technology Institute Two faculty on release to Center for Learning Innovation (CLI) for one year Team approach to developing curriculum for Teaching Online Workshop Series Competency-based training format
- 13. Authentic Faculty Online Experience
- 14. Competency-based Model Participants are provided a sandbox course (e-Portfolio) to complete the assignments and demonstrating the competencies
- 15. The Curriculum Four series of three workshops per topic area Extending your Course with Blackboard Learn Teaching with Blackboard Learn Designing the Online Course Teaching & Learning Online
- 16. Badges Badge systems we considered: Mozilla Backpack Open Passport (Purdue University) Credly
- 17. Going Forward Graduates are awarded a certificate of completion Online self-paced version with captioned video tutorials Graduates may participate as facilitators and are compensated for their time Part-time faculty may also qualify for CEUs and one time stipend of $250.00
- 18. Photo Credits Too much coffee, Luigi Anzivino, CC-BY-NC-SA http://www.flickr.com/photos/ilmungo/19804382/ Computer problems, CollegeDegrees360, CC-BY-SA http://www.flickr.com/photos/83633410@N07/7658225516/ integratED Portland 2013, Rachel Wendt-Chaney, CC-BY-NC-SA http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwentechaney/8485729511 edcampPDX November 2011, Rachel Wendt-Chaney, CC-BY-NC-SA http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwentechaney/6336050259/ Questions time, Martin Sharman, CC-BY-NC-SA http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharman/5004323423/
View more >
Aircraft Manufacturing Capacity Increase and Cost ... Manufacturing Capacity Increase and... · Cost…
Toyota to Increase Production Capacity in ?· Toyota to Increase Production Capacity in Indonesia Toyota…
Increase capacity of HV programs to implement reflective practice Increase buy in of reflective practice Increase capacity statewide for IMH consultation