colour wheel lesson 5: painting tones. big picture connector connector colour wheel discussion...
out of 12
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Colour Wheel Lesson 5: Painting Tones
- Slide 2
- BIG Picture Connector Connector Colour Wheel Discussion Colour Wheel Discussion Painting Demonstration: Mixing tonal colours Painting Demonstration: Mixing tonal colours Review Review
- Slide 3
- OutcomesOutcomes All pupils will paint the primary colours. Most pupils will paint some of the secondary colours. Some will paint all the primary and secondary colours smoothly and inside the lines.
- Slide 4
- Connector: Add white powder paint to a primary colour, what happens? Draw a small box onto scrap paper and practice painting the colour inside with a small paint brush! White and black are tonal colours and can lighten and darken colours.
- Slide 5
- Painting Tips 1.To paint neatly and with control. 2.Clean the paint brush in between mixing. 3.Paint in one brush stroke in the same direction. 4.Keep the paint smooth and even. 5.Keep my work station and paint mixtures clean and tidy.
- Slide 6
- Where is the tones in this colour wheel? Middle tones Light tone Lightest tones
- Slide 7
- Mid/Final Review: Write a target in your sketchbook I need to use less water in my paint mixture. I need to use less powder paint in my paint mixture. I need to use less paint and water on my brush to paint carefully up to the edge of the line. I need to use the large brush for large areas and the tip of the small paint brush for the details. I need to paint smoothly by painting in one neat direction. I need to make sure the colours are painted int eh right place.
- Slide 8
- Levels High Level 4C Accurately, neatly and evenly painted blending some colours together using different tones of harmonious colours Level 3A Accurately, neatly painted using different tones of harmonious colours Middle Level 3B Painted using different tones of harmonious colours but more care needed to be taken Level 3C Painted using different harmonious colours work needs to be neater and painted evenly Low Level 2A Colour wheel Painted correctly but needs more time and care to painting so work in paint is neat and even, and not going over the lines
- Slide 9
- Cleaning Up... 2 students to wash up 2 students to take items to the sink for washing up 1 student to collect up powder paint trays TABLES MUST... FOLD the newspapers for reuse Clean their tables with a wet sponge/cloth WASH hands at the end of the lesson!!! 2 students to collect paintings after the review. Complete the clean up activity when your table is clean!
- Slide 10
- Clean Up Activity: Create a word search with the words: Powder Paint, Primary Colours, Secondary Colours, Paint Brush, Colour Wheel and any others you can think of.
- Slide 11
- Tidy Up Activity- Unscramble the words: 1)OWDPER AITNP 2)ANITP RUSHB 3)RULRU 4)RIARYPM LOORUSC 5)CONDARYSE OURSCOL 6)COOURL LHEWE Extension: Create a word search with the above words in for your partner to find the words.
- Slide 12
- Tidy Up Activity- Unscramble the words: 1)POWDER PAINT 2)PAINT BRUSH 3)RULER 4)PRIMARY COLOURS 5)SECONDARY COLOURS 6)COLOUR WHEEL
View more >