ePortfolios - The How & Why
Post on 06-Nov-2014
- 1. ePORTFOLIOS THE HOW AND THE WHY
- 2. HAMISH CLARK PRIMARY EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY COACH CHATSWORTH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- 3. 3 HAMISH CLARK www.hamishclark.com @mrclarksclasses
- 4. This is the faux technology that will never die. The concept is awed at the core: that students will want to build a portfolio hosted by their institution. Where the focus is not on the platform but on building a body of work and showcasing it online, they are effective but that is hard work, and not for everyone. This is denitely not the panacea that proponents make it out to be. Larry Johnson, CEO New Media Consortium ! Graduating gives a student some credentials, but doesn't show potential employers what the graduate can do. That's the key benet of an e-portfolio for a student. Karen Billings, Software & Information Industry Association E-portfolios have tremendous potential that may never be fully realised. Director of Technology, Quakertown Community School District ! http://thejournal.com/Articles/2013/12/13/The-10-Biggest-Trends-in- Ed-Tech
- 5. WHAT IS IT?WHAT DO YOU WANT IT TO BE?
- 6. WHO IS IT FOR?WHAT DOES IT REPRESENT?
- 7. COMMUNITY SOCIETY PARENT STUDENT PEERS GOVERNMENT EMPLOYER SUGATA MITRA
- 8. STUDENT SUGATA MITRA
- 9. SELF-DRIVENVOLITIONAL CONTROL BENEFITS MEMORY PERFORMANCE
- 10. CREATIVITYDEMANDS SHIFT IN PEDAGOGY INDIVIDUAL AUTHENTIC
- 11. CONTENT-DRIVEN THIS LEARNING IS NOT
- 12. PROCESS-DRIVEN THIS LEARNING IS
- 13. IMITATION CREATIVE MASTERY CYCLE INSPIRATION IMAGINATION ACQUISITION PRACTICE ASSIMILATION SHARING COLLABORATION
- 14. INTEREST
- 15. PASSION
- 16. REDEFINITION MODIFICATION AUGMENTATION SUBSTITUTION ENHANCEMENT TRANSFORMATION TECH ALLOWS FOR CREATION OF NEW TASKS, PREVIOUSLY INCONCEIVABLE TECH ALLOWS FOR SIGNIFICANT TASK REDESIGN TECH ACTS AS A DIRECT TOOL SUBSTITUTE, WITH FUNCTIONAL IMPROVEMENT TECH ACTS AS A DIRECT TOOL SUBSTITUTE, WITH NO FUNCTIONAL CHANGE DR. RUBEN PUENTEDURA
- 17. SUBSTITUTIONTECH ACTS AS A DIRECT TOOL SUBSTITUTE, WITH NO FUNCTIONAL CHANGE
- 18. AUGMENTATIONTECH ACTS AS A DIRECT TOOL SUBSTITUTE, WITH FUNCTIONAL IMPROVEMENT
- 19. MODIFICATIONTECH ALLOWS FOR SIGNIFICANT TASK REDESIGN
- 20. REDEFINITIONTECH ALLOWS FOR CREATION OF NEW TASKS, PREVIOUSLY INCONCEIVABLE
- 21. REDEFINITIONTECH ALLOWS FOR CREATION OF NEW TASKS, PREVIOUSLY INCONCEIVABLE MODIFICATION STUDENTS TECH ALLOWS FOR SIGNIFICANT TASK REDESIGN SUBSTITUTION TEACHERS AUGMENTATIONTECH ACTS AS A DIRECT TOOL SUBSTITUTE, WITH FUNCTIONAL IMPROVEMENT TECH ACTS AS A DIRECT TOOL SUBSTITUTE, WITH NO FUNCTIONAL CHANGE DR. RUBEN PUENTEDURA
- 22. BUY-IN
- 23. CUSTOMISATION
- 24. PLATFORM
View more >
Why ePortfolios? Student Perceptions of ePortfolio ? Why ePortfolios? Student Perceptions of ePortfolio
1. ePortfolios Models and Implementation: Idealistic Why versus Pragmatic How Tim Neumann Wilma Clark.
ePortfolios: Beyond assessment to empowerment Beyond assessment to empowerment in ... how the ePortfolios related to overall learning outcomes ... How and why is assessment in higher education Authors: Lina Pelliccione Kathryn DixonAffiliation: Curtin University
EPortfolios for Assessment @ CSM. Why ePortfolios? ePortfolio technology: documents students learning in a more visible, meaningful, and appropriate.
Opening minds with eportfolios how can eportfolios enhance the nature of the learning experience and the development of criticality among flexible learners- (2)