out of 11
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONRevised presentation to introduce eportfolios to Using ICT in Ed class: primarly to intro creating a professional eportfolio
- 1. ePortfolios What? Why? How?
- 2. What & Why? For students: An assessment tool for formative & summative assessment. The student collects evidence of learning & reflects on their learning. Professional: Teacher portfolio that showcases skills, background etc. with the goal of obtaining employment.
- 3. Student Portfolios Portfolios are increasingly common in schools & electronic portfolios are growing in popularity since they can include video, audio in addition to more traditional elements. ePortfolios can take many forms, in Manitoba ePearl is a popular platform supported by MB Ed. See ICT@BU google site for resources & information.
- 4. How? Offline: using PowerPoint, Keynote, Flash, html or similar product. Online: options from creating your own site to using tools like Wordpress, Google Sites, Weebly, Yola
- 5. Some ideas: A welcome page Personal info, goals Resume (highlights & rest as pdf or all?) Experience: work, teaching, volunteer, etc Teaching philosophy Professional learning (include some info: what was it about? Reflection what did you learn?) Artifacts: student teaching reports, notes, lesson examples, activities, ICT items Classroom Management plan? Sell yourself include things you have done that might get you an interview/job
- 6. Remember! This is a dynamic, evolving artifact. Keep it: current, workable (no broken links), dynamic, aesthetically pleasing, simple/clear navigation, use colour, graphics, include REFLECTIONS! Remember the audience!
- 7. One more suggestion. When you save files to include as attachments (resume, etc.) convert to a pdf & include it that way. Good luck!
- 8. Some examples!
View more >