highlights from evolve 2013 - the evolve summit
out of 7
Post on 24-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis document presents the highlights from the Evolve Summit 2013. Evolve is the annual event for the voluntary sector which is the largest of it's kind. The Evolve Summit had a mixture of keynote speeches (past speakers include Boris Johnson, Tony Blair, Vince Cable) and workshops. Find out more about the Evolve Conference: http://www.ncvo.org.uk/training-and-events/evolve-conference
- 1. The Evolve Summit A mixture of keynote speeches and workshops, ending with a drinks reception. Attended by over 500 chief executives, trustees, direct ors, senior managers and volunteer managers from small, medium and large voluntary organisations.
- 2. Evolve Dinner A networking dinner for over 350 MPs, Civil Servants, Members of the House of Lords, influential Voluntary Sector Leaders, academics and funders.
- 3. Evolve 2013 delegate statistics 33% 24% 20% 17% 6%
- 4. Evolve 2013 organisation statistics 56% of members had an income over 1million. Their total income exceeded 2.5 billion. Their combined expenditure was over 2.23 billion. The combined income of all organisations was over 6 billion. The combined expenditure was 5.8 billion. 72% of delegates registered a change in knowledge or understanding of the sponsors as a result of the conference.
- 5. Evolve 2013 feedback A bustling well- organised day packed with learning and networking A well organised day, full of important and relevant content with well thought out workshops attended by many different voluntary organisations. Definitely worth a day of my time! This was my second NCVO conference. This one was easily the best and better than most I've attended in the public sector A perfect venue for profiling your own organisation and networking with like- minded, positive thinking people from the Third Sector Brita Benson, Agenda Consulting THE charity sector event, relevant to organisations large and small
- 6. Boris Johnson Tony Blair Gordon Brown Oliver Letwin Danny Alexander Vince Cable Past Speakers
- 7. Media coverage of Evolve 2013 In addition to NCVOs own communication channels, in 2013 the Conference received further coverage from: Charities must give political parties a narrative for the voluntary sector Charities must get the most out of crowdfunding and gaming NCVO to look at ways of improving national media coverage of sector A Labour government would focus on 'politics of wellbeing' Does the end justify the means?
View more >