human resource management
Post on 16-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
Human Resource Management (HRM)
Human ResourceMan Power
Human Resource Management
It is primarily concerned with how people are managed within organization, focusing on policies and systems.
Organization An organization is an entity such as an institution or an association that has a collective goal and is linked to an external environment.
Management in a business is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goal and objectives using available resource efficiently effectively.
The process of planning, organizing leading and controlling resources within the entity with the overall aim of achieving its objectives.
It is a process of thinking about and organizing the activities required to achieve a desired goal.Examples: Journey Purchases
Nature of Planning
- Planning is goal oriented.- Planning is Primary function.- Planning is a continuous process.- Planning is forward looking.- Planning involves choices.- Planning is directed towards efficiency.
Process of Planning
The main steps in planning process are:- Step 1: Define the task- Step 2: Identify Resources- Step 3: Consider Alternative- Step 4: Create the Planning- Step 5: Work the Plan- Step 6: Evaluate
•Define the problem•Identify the criteria •Allocate the weights•Develop alternate•Evaluate the alternate•Select the best alternate
Making a Decision
Best use of all the resources of any organization.
Examples:Monthly budget for smooth cash flow
A process of social influence in which one person can aid and support to other in the accomplishment of the common task.
In Simple words:some body whom people follow or some body who guides or direct others.Or leadership is organizing a group of people to achieve a task
Controlling means setting standard measuring actual performance and taking corrective action.
It is an important function because it help to check the errors and to take the corrective action so that deviation from standards are minimize and related goals of the organization are achieved in desired manners.
Importance of Organizational Management
-Organization management gives a scene of direction to the employees.
-The individuals are well aware of their roles and responsibilities and known what they are supposed to do in the
- Organization management gives a sense of security and oneness to the employees. - An effective management is required for better coordination among various departments.- Employees complete tasks within the given time frame.
- Employees stay loyal towards their job and do not treat work as a burden.
- Effective organizational management leads to a peaceful and positive behavior at work place.
-A set of forces that leads people to behave in a particular way.
-In manager point of view, the objective is to motivate people to behave in a ways that are in the organization’s best interest.
Importance of Motivation
- It increase the probability of success.- Job Performance (P) depend upon Motivation(M) , ability (A) and environment (E).
P = M + A + E
IMPORTANCE OF MOTIVATION (for Organization)
- Put human resources into action.- Improve level of efficiency of employees.- leads to achievement of organizational goal.- Builds friendly relationship- Lead to stability of work force
IMPORTANCE OF MOTIVATION (for Individual)
-Motivation will help him to achieve his personal goals.-If an individual is motivated, he will have job satisfaction.-Motivation will help in self-development of individual.- An individual would always gain by working with a dynamic team.
- Fair Treatment- Scene of Achievement- Fellowship
Theories of Motivation
-Maslow’s Hierarchy of need theory-McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y-Herzberg’s Two factor theory-McClelland’s Three-Needs Theory