Personal learning networks and personal learning environments
out of 25
Post on 29-Nov-2014
- 1. 07/06/2013 BY T.M MATLOU
- 2. HOW IS LEARNING STRUCTURED?Learning is centered around the interestsof the learnerThis learning is immersive learning bydoingThe computer connects the student to therest of the world
- 3. providing sustainable value tostudents, not only during the course,but also after its finishing stimulating them to contribute theirknowledge, insights and experienceson a continuous basis
- 4. http://www.pestproducts.com
- 5. In connectivism, learning involvescreating connections and developing anetwork. It is a theory for the digital agedrawing upon chaos, emergentproperties, and self organised learning.(Its not what you know but who you know)
- 6. We are familyhttp://pro.corbis.com
- 7. We can get an idea of what the PLE looks likeby drilling down into the piecesModel- conceptual frameworks- wiki (wiki API, RSS)- concept maps (SVG, mapping format)- gliffy (SVG?)- reference frameworks- Wikipedia- video / 2L 3D representation embeddedspacesThe question is how totransport and representmodels that are actuallyused?
- 8. Demonstrate- reference examples- code library- image samples- thought processes- show experts at work (Chaos Manor)- application- case studies- storiesThe question is, howcan we connect thelearner with thecommunity at work?
- 9. Practice- scaffolded practice- game interfaces- sandboxes- job aids- flash cards- cheat sheets- games and simulations- mod kits- mmorpgsThe question is, how canwe enable access tomultiple environmentsthat support variousactivities?
- 10. Reflection- guided reflection- forms-based input- presentations and seminars- journaling- blogs, wikis- communities- discussion, sharingThe question is, how can weassist people to seethemselves, their practice, ina mirror?
- 11. Choice Identity - Creativity- simulated or actual environmentsthat present tasks or problems- OpenID, authentication, feature orprofile development- Portfolios & creative librariesPeople talk about motivation but the real issue here isownership
- 12. Choice Identity Creativity
- 13. PLEs are systems that help learners takecontrol of and manage their ownlearning. This includes providingsupport for learners to set their ownlearning goals, manage their learning;managing both content and process;communicate with others in the processof learning and thereby achieve learninggoals.
- 14. learning is an ongoing process andtools to support this learning areneeded the role of the individual in self-organizing learning is important learning can take place in differentcontexts and situations and cannot beprovided by a single learningprovider.
- 15. PersonalLearningEnvironmentPersonalLearningNetworkPersonalWeb ToolsSource: http://steve-wheeler.blogspot.com/2010/07/anatomy-of-PLEs are not onlypersonal web tools andpersonal learningnetworks. PLEs aremuch wider than this,taking in experiencesand realia, as well aslearning through TV,music, paper basedmaterials, radio & moreformal contexts.Learning content is notas important now aswhere (or who) toconnect to, to find it.PWTs are any webtools, (usually Web 2.0)chosen by learners tosupport their lifelonglearning.
- 16. Human activitiesare mediated byculturallyestablishedinstruments suchas tools andlanguage.Vygotsky, L. S. (1978) Mind inSociety: The development of higherpsychological processes. Cambridge,MA: Harvard University Presshttp://www.phillwebb.net
- 17. We can usecomputers toextend thecapabilities of ourown minds. Theycan become therepositories of ourknowledge.http://www.phillwebb.netComputers as mind tools
- 18. New Environments Multimedia explosionpodcasts, vodcasts, YouTube, Slideshare, more Mobile computingmobile phones, PDAs, etc. The 3D webSecond Life is a start, we will see more of this
- 19. Social Media useSource: http://econsultancy.com2 Billion views/day24 hours/minute
- 20. The transition from PLE to PLN is animportant step that supportsstudents to become self-organizedand life-long learners
- 21. Downes, S. (2007, April 19). The Future of OnlineLearning and Personal Learning Environments. Retrievedmarch 13, 2013, from http://slideshare.net/Downes Ivanova, M. (2009, April 10). From Personal LearningEnvironment Building to Professional Learning NetworkForming. Retrieved march 13, 2013, fromhttp://slideshare.net/malinkaiva Wheeler, S. (2009, October 11). Its Personal: LearningSpaces, Learning Webs. Retrieved march 13, 2013, fromhttp://www.slideshare.net/timbuckteeh Wheeler, S. (2011, February 04). The Future of Learning.Retrieved march 13, 2013, fromhttp://www.slideshare.net/timbuckteeth
View more >
Building Personal Learning Environments by using ?· Building Personal Learning Environments by using…