virtual learning environments: redefining the training experience
out of 41
Post on 04-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAs organizations continue to expand globally and training budgets continue to decrease, developing effective learning programs has become a significant challenge. Learning management systems and basic online learning tools have fallen short in providing an engaging learning experience, resulting in a need for more effective training programs. Register for the Chief Learning Officer webinar, “Virtual Learning Environments: Redefining the Training Experience,” and learn how to re-engage your employees by providing easy access to interactive training programs. This webinar will demonstrate how virtual training enhances learning retention and improves learning outcomes. You will learn: How to enhance and extend your learning management systems. How virtual environments are redefining the learning experience. Best practices for developing a virtual learning strategy. Register today for this free, one-hour webinar, brought to you by ON24.
- 1. Virtual Learning Environments:Redefining the Training Experience Sponsored by: #VirtualLearning
- 2. Frequently Asked Questions Will I receive a copy of the webinar recording? The webinar will be available on demand within 24-48 hours Will I receive a copy of the slides? You can download the slides, now, from the green resource widget on the bottom of the console.Submit your questions via the red Q&A widget on the bottom of the console. Tweeting? Please use hashtag: #VirtualLearning
- 3. Virtual Learning Environments:Redefining the Training Experience Deanna Hartley Senior Editor Chief Learning Officer magazine #VirtualLearning
- 4. Virtual Learning Environments:Redefining the Training Experience Tom Masotto Vice President, Product Management ON24, Inc. #VirtualLearning
- 5. Virtual Learning EnvironmentsRedefining the Global Training Experience Tom Masotto VP Product Management ON24
- 6. Agenda Challenges driving virtual learning Key components of virtual learning environments Best practices for developing a virtual learning strategy
- 7. Poll Question #1What is your biggest training challenge (please select one) ? Training an increasingly dispersed workforce Making it easier for learners to find and complete coursework Providing a single access point for all training materials Getting better data/analysis on learning behavior Implementing social or mobile learning tools
- 8. Global workforce is training professionals top challenge What is your biggest training challenge? Training an increasingly dispersed workforce 33.3% Getting better data/analysis on learning behavior 22.0% Implementing social or mobile learning tools 21.1% Providing a single access point for all training materials 14.1% Making it easier for learners to find and complete coursework 9.5% ON24 Survey of Learning Professionals, 2012
- 9. Usability is learners top challenge Top LMS Challenges for Learners Source: Survey Results The Current and Future State of LMS, 2011
- 10. More engaged learners is a key objective Over 82% of learning professionals say offering more engaging training materials is a key objective for their company.What training benefits are you looking to obtain in next 6 to 12 months? Offer more engaging training materials 82.7% Make it easier for learners to find training courses 60.4% Foster more networking, mentoring and coaching 58.5% Improve learning metrics and reporting 53.1% Centralize training content in a single online location 48.5% ON24 Survey of Learning Professionals, 201210 | 2012 ON24, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I ON24, Inc. Confidential.
- 11. Global, usability & engagement driving virtual strategies Over 74% of learning professionals say they are considering virtual learning environments.What training methods / tools are you considering in 6 12 months? Virtual learning environment 74.2% Training webinars 71.5% Mobile learning 47.7% Learning management system 45.0% Social learning 44.2% ON24 Survey of Learning Professionals, 2012
- 12. Components of a Virtual Learning Strategy Virtual Learning Environments AICC & SCORM Compliant Tools Existing LMS Consumption Platforms Content Creation Metrics and Analytics
- 13. Key Components of Virtual Learning Environments Learning Experience Enterprise Requirements Virtual locations Security & reliability Training centers LMS integration Personalized curriculums Mobile support Virtual classrooms Multilingual Social networking Reporting & analytics Collaboration
- 14. Main Plazas14 | 2012 ON24, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I ON24, Inc. Confidential.
- 15. Auditoriums with Virtual Classrooms15 | 2012 ON24, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I ON24, Inc. Confidential.
- 16. Virtual Training Centers16 | 2012 ON24, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I ON24, Inc. Confidential.
- 17. Curriculums, Courses & Completion Tracking17 | 2012 ON24, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I ON24, Inc. Confidential.
- 18. Social Networking Lounges18 | 2012 ON24, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I ON24, Inc. Confidential.
- 19. Expert-Led Scheduled Discussions19 | 2012 ON24, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I ON24, Inc. Confidential.
- 20. Virtual Coaching & Mentoring20 | 2012 ON24, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I ON24, Inc. Confidential.
- 21. Improved Virtual Learning Outcomes Global Learning Reach Ease-of-Use & Personalization Learner Engagement Networking & Mentoring Centralized Training Resources Cost Reduction Accountability & Metrics
- 22. Best Practices for Developing a Virtual Learning Strategy1. Have a clear use case and purpose2. Learn from others3. Design and deploy your virtual learning environment4. Train your L&D team and launch5. Promote learner interaction and engagement6. Measure, adjust, measure, adjust
- 23. Developing Your Own Virtual Learning Strategy 1. Have a clear use case and purpose Assess current learning approaches Evaluate unmet training needs Determine how virtual learning augments existing programs Consider where virtual provides largest benefit
View more >