5 Ways for Authors to Get More Shares on Social Media
out of 28
Post on 27-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSpent much time on social media? Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+? Then you may have noticed all the authors begging (or demanding) you promote them to your friends and followers. Or is that you? Are you driving people crazy with your barrage of tweets and posts that say nothing more useful than "Buy my book"? In the event that youre hitting up strangers for free marketing, here are some ways to help them in good conscience to recommend your book to their friends and followers. Ready?
- 5 WAYS FOR AUTHORS TO GET MORE SHARES ON SOCIAL MEDIA Trouble getting your content shared and re-posted on social media? Wondering why nobody is liking or retweeting or repinning you? Here are some ways to rethink how you connect with other users, and make yourselfand your contentmore shareable.
- BE A PERSON: Do you keep blurting Buy my book without sharing anything about yourself as an authoror as a person? It only takes a few words here and there: about your life, what youre excited about, things that you like. Any opportunity to relate to you, perhaps even bond with you, will go a long way.
- TREAT THEM LIKE PEOPLE: Seriously, you followed them for one week and already youre asking them to vouch for you? What next, you need help moving your couch? You do understand that these are social networks, right? Treat people like, well, peoplenot like they're just prospects.
- DESCRIBE YOUR BOOK: What is your book like? Are all your book-related tweets a collage of hashtags and obscure descriptions and quotes from people we dont know? Have movie poster blurbs taught you nothing?
- PITCH TO THE RIGHT AUDIENCE: Who likes the kind of thing you wrote? When looking for potential readers, start with people who've exhibited an interest in the type of stuff you write. Not everybody likes every type of book. In fact, nobody likes every type of book.
- MAKE THE BEST BOOK YOU CAN: Is your book ready to share on social media? Did you write the best book you could? Did you revise it? Did you edit it? Did other people read it? Did you revise the book after their feedback? Do you have a great cover? Do you have a great 2-sentence description? Do you have a great summary?
- FURTHER READING
- #TwitterFail: 5 Reasons They Wont Tweet About Your Book http://www.diyauthor.co m/twitterfail-wont-tweet- book/
- How your readers can receive your Facebook notifications http://www.diyauthor.co m/get-facebook- notifications-fans-can- receive/
- 3 Book Marketing Ideas Im Going to Steal From The Offices B.J. Novak http://www.diyauthor.com/3-book-marketing-ideas-im-going- to-steal-from-the-offices-b-j-novak/
View more >
Sarah Flood, Project Manager 8 September 2011 New Ways to Raise Investment: Social Impact Bonds and Community Shares.
Recap Share (Definition) Classes of Shares – Ordinary Shares – Preference Shares – Redeemable Preference Shares Share Capital – Nominal or Authorized Capital.
canadian Preferred Shares Report - Raymond James Ltd. offer other ways to buy preferred shares with a diversified approach. We continue to recommend using preferred shares in addition to a laddered bond portfolio ...
Using Exchangeable Shares in Inbound Exchangeable Shares in... · Using Exchangeable Shares in Inbound…
PRINCIPAL FUNDS, INC. (“PFI”) nbsp;· PRINCIPAL FUNDS, INC. (“PFI”) Class A Shares Class C Shares Class J Shares Class P Shares Class Institutional Shares Class R-1 Shares Class R-2 Shares
PFI 831 Prosp 497 050217 - Principal FUNDS, INC. (“PFI”) Class A Shares Class C Shares Class J Shares Class P Shares Institutional Class Shares Class R-1 Shares Class R-2 Shares