a2 dslr brochure
Post on 18-Mar-2016
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONGuidance and support for students at the Wellington Academy
CONTENTS:Task 1: Research/ mind-mapThe List:Task 2: How to make your brochure:Task 3: Contact/ Image Sheet:Task 4: Presenting your work in your Journal:
A2: BrochureAssignment Guidance:
Read and follow this guidance carefully. If needed, print a copy out for quick access.
Task 1: Research/ mind-map
For this assignment you are to research and explore about our digital camera of choice (Cannon EOS 1000D).
Use the links provided via the 'LINKs' button on the assignment page to go
to some useful starting points.
Take a look at the YouTube channel, and watch some of the videos which
explain some key features of the Cannon EOS 1000D camera.
Use the list (Next Page) to help you plan your research and structure your
Make a mind-map to illustrate your research. To do this you can use
a 'niffty' online tool called: Bubbl.us. There is a short video tutorial inside
the YouTube channel which will help you learn how to use Bubbl.us, watch
this if needed. Make sure you sign-up for an account, so that you can save
your work, and access your work for printing out later.
Try to explain what you will include (pictures/ text) in your brochure. See
the example (next):
A2: Brochure After thorough research, you are then to present your findings in the form of a 'Brochure'. The brochure should provide users of the 'Cannon EOS 1000D' with knowledge of a range of features and uses that the camera has to offer.
Your brochure should be no less than 5 pages, and no more than 10 pages in length.
Good structure, layout and presentation are all 'key' to a successful outcome.
The List:1. Front Cover - Make it bold and include images/ text.
2. Contents page - List all sections that you plan to include in your final
brochure. Include page numbers.
3. Mega-pixels - Explain how many mega-pixels the Cannon EOS 1000D has, and provide reasons why this helps take great shots. What are the benefits? Include an image.
4. Digic Processor - Explain what this is, and how it helps.
5. Cleaning System - What is this, how does it help maintain the camera's
6. AF - How does the camera's AF feature (Auto Focus) assist when taking shots/ pictures?
7. Detachable Lenses - Why is this feature better to have, as opposed to a
compact digital camera?
8. RAW images - What are these, and why is the Cannon EOS a better camera than most for being able to save images as RAW and JPEG image formats?
9. System Chart - Include a diagram that illustrate how the Cannon EOS
10. Glossary - Include a list of all technical words that use such as: Mega-pixel, Digic, AF, RAW etc, and provide brief explanations for each.
A2: BrochureTask 2: How to make your brochure:
1. Conduct thorough research, by using the links provided (via the assignment page), and also by using your own web search(s).
2. Save all of your information (Text and images) into a folder in your home
3. After you have completed all of your research, you are then ready to build your own brochure, to do this use a typical word processor like Open Office, MS Office, or if you have a google account, use google docs.
4. Consider a theme which will run throughout your brochure, use large
images, and titles etc.
5. Make your brochure page by page, following your plan and content list.
6. Check your work through (use a spell checker, and proof read it).
7. If/ when you think you are finished/ ready, export your finished work as a .PDF file, and save this inside your photography folder. NB: Ensure that you include your name within the given file name of your PDF/file.
8. Your finished brochure will be converted and published as a digital
magazine using www.issuu.com.
9. Upload a copy of your finished work/ brochure into the shared folder. On the assignment page you will a menu called: OTHER - Inside this menu use the option UPLOAD to go to an upload page. Click on SELECT FILE >UPLOAD to add your work into the shared area.
10. Print a copy out for your folder/ journal.
A2: BrochureTask 3: Contact/ Image Sheet:
During and throughout your research, you will/ should have sourced and/ or taken some photographs which you plan to include in your work.
All images/ photographs that you take/ use in your work should be explained and presented in your journal. The best way to do this is to make and use 'Contact Sheets'.
Follow the steps below to make your contact sheet for this assignment: Step Guidance1 Capture/ take different/ alternative images/ shots that best
capture your intended idea. Consider, changing 'ANGLE' or 'HEIGHT', try and 'ZOOM' in and
out, experiment with 'FOCUS', consider 'LIGHT'.2 Transfer your images from the DC into your own digital folder(s).
Place copies of any images that you have sourced/ found into the same folder(s).
Make a folder called: GCSE Photography Then, inside make another called: A2 Brochure Images
3 When all of your images are stored safely inside your own folders, RENAME your images/ files, using appropriate file names, for example: Camera v1, Camera v2 etc.
4 Using a program called 'PREVIEW'. Open your images/ folder. Open the Sidebar, and then select 'CONTACT SHEET' to view all
of your images for that folder/ subject/ idea. Open GRAB and use the Grab app capture a screen-shot of
contact sheet. Save this screen-shot into the same folder (rename the file:
A2 Contact Sheet), and then print out a copy for your journal/ sketchbook.
For coloured prints, use the Print request form.5 Present each contact sheet with thought and care using a full
page for each. Annotate on top of your contact, to clearly show, which
images you: Will use Won't use Explain reasons for both
A2: BrochureTask 4: Presenting your work in your Journal:
After you have made, and shared your 'Brochure' with your teacher, you will need to present all of your work inside your journal. The content of your 'presented' work should include:
1. Title Page2. Mind-Map3. Contact Sheet(s)4. Brochure theme5. Brochure6. Conclusion
Each page should include a title and the date. Consider your presentation with thought and care. Use background effects
for example. Annotate/ write comments to illustrate your reasons and understanding.
A2: BrochureDo you have a smart phone?If so you can use the camera on your phone to access online resources to help you with this assignment.All you need is a QR code reader app, point your phone web browser to one of readers below:
http://reader.kaywa.com http://get.beetagg.com http://www.quickmark.com.tw/En/basic/download.asp http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/nokia-n80/phone-software/smartphone For iPhone users. Go to iTunes and search for: QR Code reader
Once you have a reader/ app on your smart phone. Simply take a quick snap of the code(s) below, and you will be redirected to the required resource, directly on your phone.
AFL: Assessment for Learning. Learn about the assessment objectives.
eGallery: Take a look at some examples of work for this
YouTube: Go to the Visual Arts YouTube channel and watch
some video content for this assignment.
Nouveau Calendar: Keep up to date, and stay organised.
Colour Prints: Request Colour print outs here.
Weblinks: A set of useful weblinks
Visual Arts FB page:
Twitter: Follow us on twitter and keep up to date with news