Post on 14-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA class on Alternative Financing
- 1. Creative Financing Education P u zz l e dabout Seller Finance?
- CE Class
- brought to you by
- www. W ant M ore L eads . com
3. Your Presenters
- Rob Aubrey
- Associate Broker 801-999-8209
- Credit Repair [email_address]
- Jax Pettey
- Real Estate Attorney801-208-0025
- President of 1 stNational Title[email_address]
- George Andersen
- Mortgage Banker801-550-1382
- Credit Education[email_address]
4. THE REAL ESTATE MARKET has shifted drastically and dramatically. Sales volume and the number of transactions have dropped significantly. Inventory has reached an all-time high. Buyers have never been more reluctant. Fear is rampant, anxiety is high, people are getting out of the business left and right. Sound familiar? Sure it does.The year was 1979 and thats what was happening all around me. Gary Keller ~ from the bookShift How Top Real Estate Agents Tackle Tough Times 5. Discussion Topics
- Seller Financing
- Just a short term Bridge Loan?
- How does theBANKlook at it?
- The Long Term Solution
- How does theLAWlook at it?
- The Legal and Board of Realtor Side
6. Not Cover Today Cover Today Real Estate Principles, Contracts,Mortgages, Credit, Law 7. The Reality
- 25.5 % of Credit Reports Have a Score of 599 or below*Wall Street Journal 07/13/2010
- Most Bank FHA Overlays a minimum of a 640 Credit Score
- Feeder population of un-banked
- Not counting Self Employed that have good credit
- Over supply of housing
- Conventional Pricing can be very punitive
- Just a blip???
8. The Options
- Get out of the business
- Prospect, lead generate and market soooo much that you have enough leads to sustain you
- Learn to do business inTodays Market
9. Alternative Financing What are some of the things you know about seller financing? What are the Pros? What are the Cons? Gather in Groups and discuss pros and cons Each Table give one pro and one con 10. Where is the resistance?
- The home owner The listing agent
Visual Acuity - Test#1 11. Starting With The End In Mind
- In order to have successful transactions and to protect the public.
- We must start with the end in mind.
- Like any venture a goal and plan is the best way to achieve it.
12. The Role of the Lender
- Identify the Road Block
- Prescribe the Remedy
- Set time frames
- Get commitments
- Structure the final close
On the hook, and get paid LAST! 13. Where is Contract for Deed?
- What is the 4155?
Is this something new? Will it stick around? Magna Carta What are overlays? 14. D y n a m i c a ll ystructured seller financing
- Uniform Real Estate Contract (Contract for Deed)
- Can write over an FHA or a VA loan
- Buyer may use combinations of cash and hard costs of improvements to satisfy down payment
- Seller retains title HUD Circular Letter 7 - 90
- Buyer holds enforceable Equitable Interest
- Direct substitutes for a CA$H down payment
- Insulation/weather stripping
- HVAC systems
- Solar and wind systems
Fun things you can do with FHA loans
- Negotiated with other sales concessions
- Carpet and decorating allowance
- Plumbing and electrical fixtures
- 3 ways toborrowmoney for down payment
16. Fico, the big 3, and big business
- bankruptcydischargesettlement.com (2008)
In June of 2004, the Public Interest Research Group revealed that(79% or more) have significant errors in their credit profiles. These errors affected credit scores by50+points. 10 thCircuit Appeals Court ruled that E-Oscar is not areasonablevalidation method (2010) 17. Government bail out for credit scores? Credit Education!!! You cannot play the seller finance game withoutthisrelationship 18. How To write the Offer
- May need to cross out certain sections.
- Seller Finance Addendum
- Select Appropriate Terms
- For Contract for Deed
- Select Other
- Write Contract for Deed/UREC
19. More items to chew on
- #1 Sales are entered on the MLS
- #2 Transaction is eligible for a 1031 Exchange
Paradigm Shift its the decade of the Realtor 20. Benefits to the Transaction?
- HUD1 settlement statement
- Owners policy of title insurance
- Closed with 3 rdparty legal advice
- Payments made to, and trigger documents flow through, a 3 rdparty escrow company
Looks, feels, andactslike an institutional closing 21.
- Make a bigger net
- Haul in ALL the fish
- Sift and Sort Policy
Revised Sales Strategy 22. What is the Objective?
- Share the information and educate
- Set up regularly scheduled classes for:
- Our peers and co-workers who
- will attendthisclass
- b. Our Sphere of Influence who will
- attend aConsumer Orientedclass
23. From Theory to Practice = 24. Just do it! You retain on average only 7% of what you hear. To learn, youmust DO. 25. First thing: write it down
- Legal advicemust be given in each of these transactions.
- You should not give it:
- Every Seller Finance Transaction Requires Legal Advice
- Institutional Lenders Have Attorneys
- Now the Seller is the Lender
- Buyer Takes Part In Creating the Contract
26. More or Less
- Transactions to do
27. Then Whats the Problem 28. Solution 29. Seller Finance Options
- Lease Option
- 2. ContractforDeed
- 3. A.I.T.D.
Strong For Mo. Legal You Seller2 $500 Both 2-7 $1,500 Buyer 7 $500 to $1500 30. In order to have asuccessful transaction , you must:
- Customize Contracts to Meet the Specific Needs of each party to the contract
- Correctly Educate all parties to ensure Creditability and Comfort
- Indemnify, Indemnify, Indemnify
- Close the Transaction
31. How do you get people intoyour BuyerPool 32. Other Agents Buyers Pool Lending Partner Ghost Signs KSL and craigslist Past Clients Radio Webinars Business Owners Seminars 7referrals 33. Three Types of People
- Those that dont get it and do it,
- They will be SUCCESFULL
- 2. Those that get it and do it
- They will be VERY SUCCESFULL
- 3. Those that dont do it
- Learn the script, Would you like fries with that?
Next Class in.???