Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONCloud Server (VPS) Net4’s offers high quality VPS hosting services in India. Our virtual private servers operate like a dynamic cloud server and are ideal for businesses who want near infinite scalability, Opex but not Capex, flexibility to upgrade and downgrade on the fly and yet Complete Control. You can choose the resources you want and build your own server in minutes. We offer Cloud Server on windows 2003 & 2008, Red Hat Linux and Cent OS ans also all editions of MSSQL and MySQL Databases. We also have a range of managed database and managed application services. For hosting companies we can also configure and provide licenses for Parallels Plesk or Cpanel.
- 1. Im Cloud Confused Demystifying Cloud Computing
- 2. What the say:Biggest Paradigm Shift in 20 years Game Changers Just On Pay As You Go Tremendous Cost Cutting
- 3. Describe The Cloud To Me The Cloud 21 experts are defining cloud computing http://bit.ly/C6jIm*Picture taken under Creative Common license
- 4. Who Cares?What is it for me?
- 5. First, What the heck is Cloud ComputingFirst, what the heck isCloud Computing?in simple, plain English please!
- 6. Lets use a simple analogy Say you just moved to a city, and youre looking for a place to live
- 7. You can eitherBuild a house orRent an apartment
- 8. If you build a house, there are a fewimportant decisions you have tomake
- 9. How big is the house?are you planning to grow a large family?Remodel, addition typically cost a lotmore once the house is built
- 10. But, you get a chance to customize it flooring tile windows Roof floor planlighting landscaping
- 11. Once the house is built,youre responsible for maintenance Pay property taxHire Landscaper Water Plumber Electrician Electricity Heating and Cooling Gutter Cleaning House Keeping
- 12. How about renting ?
- 13. Consider a builder in your city buildsa massive number of apartment units
- 14. A unit can easily be convertedinto a 2,3,4 or more units
- 15. You make a fewer,simplerdecisionsYou can start with oneunit and grow later, ordownsize
- 16. ButYou do not have a lot of options tocustomize your unit
- 17. triple pane windows green materials high capacity electricity high speed InternetHowever, builders provide you withvery high quality infrastructure
- 18. No need to worry about maintenance cost No need to Hire landscapers, electricians, plumbers
- 19. Pay as You Go Just pay your rent and utilities
- 20. Lets translate toCloud Computing?
- 21. As an end-consumer, believe it or notyouve been using Cloud for long times
- 22. Yes, most of them areFree
- 23. In return, youre willing to give away your information for ads and other purposes
- 24. But youve been enjoying High Reliability Service (ok, ok, most of them are) Unlimited Storage Connecting, Sharing
- 25. OK, Now tell that to the business owner Give up your data, then you can use this infrastructure for free
- 26. This is how their CEO would feel
- 27. My Business NeedsSecurity Privacy Reliability High Availability
- 28. Building EnterpriseSoftware is like.Building MedievalCastle Stone Wall Fire-proof Moat Army Death Hole
- 29. Lets Hire an Army of IT Engineers Software Upgrade Support Backup/RestoreService Pack Development Network issues
- 30. Lets Build Huge Data Center Capacity PlanningCooling Management Disaster Plan Server Crashes
- 31. In the mean time, Many things have changed
- 32. The enterprise world we live in 2010 and beyond Global Direct, Open Customers(Customers, Resources, IPs are acquired everywhere) Communication (e.g. Social Media) Digital Life Convergence (Work and Personal lines are blurring) Work Remotely (Mobility Trend) Transparency (Blogs, Social Computing) Brief Collaboration (Assemble the best, Disassemble upon completion)
- 33. 2008-09Economy is upside down Layoffs Bankruptcy Excess Capacity
- 34. Can we bridge the gap?
- 35. Requiresa New Wayof Thinking
- 36. Cloud Computing is not the answer for all
- 37. But it could simplify our lives.
- 38. Leave it the experts who have a lot of money to spend to build giant datacenters across the globe
- 39. Your data is replicated3 or 4 times in their data center High Availability
- 40. High Traffic? Adding servers is a click away. Running in just minutes, not days
- 41. It can even load balance your server traffic
- 42. Expect your Cloud Network is always up
- 43. Yes, you can even pick where your data and servers reside
- 44. Business Contraction? Just reduce your computing power, storage
- 45. Wait,What is the catch?
- 46. Cloud Computing is relatively new technology
- 47. Growing Pains We all learn from it
- 48. Only a handful of major players can build this massive infrastructure
- 49. Not many software written yet to takeadvantage of cloud infrastructure
- 50. Sensitive Data in the Cloud? are there yet?Encryption Data at Rest Data in Motion
- 51. Yes, youre loosing some controls some configurations physical security only subset of APIs
- 52. Lets clear common confusions about Cloud Computing
- 53. Who is paying whom?
- 54. Typical Scenarios Software/Service Providers Cloud/Infrastructure Provider You You may also build software directly on the providers platform and(Business, Individual) pay them directly
- 55. Do I have to start over?
- 56. In some cases,you could redirect your data to the cloud Before Migrate Data to the Cloud
- 57. In some cases,you could redirect your data to the cloud After
- 58. However, to take advantage fully,migrate all or create new apps on the cloud Employees Suppliers Customers
- 59. Is this just Hosting 2.0?
- 60. No, they have different architectures and business model Cloud Players Hosting Players Hundreds of them around the worldOnly few can afford billions dollar investment on data centers
- 61. Your contracts Cloud Players Hosting PlayersPay As You Go Often yearlyPay only what you use
- 62. Reliability, High Availability,Capacity Elasticity Cloud Players Hosting PlayersVirtually unlimited Bring your own or rentstorage, computing power servers to increase capacity You have to manage Built-in Redundancy reliability, fail over yourself
- 63. The end of PC ?
- 64. NO Most cloud applications that will be built are accessible from PC. Applications can be a browser base, application running on PC accessing data and services on the cloud So will the mobile applications
- 65. For more presentations like this, visit,follow, subscribe to:Blog: http://www.slideshare.net/ankit.bhowali/edit_my_uploads Ankit Kumar