cultural relics cultural relics revision for unit 1
Post on 05-Jan-2016
Embed Size (px)
cultural relicscultural relicsRevision for Unit 1
第一单元复习 1 幸免于车祸 2 保持安静 3 调查 4 属于 5 寻找 6 作为报答 7 一根点燃的蜡烛 8 处于交战状态 9 毫无疑问 10 拆开 11 考虑做某事
Survive the accidentremain quietlook intobelong to
look for/be in search of/search forin return
a lighted candleat war
There is no doubt that……..take apart
13 依照某人的观点 14 这个消息证实是真的。 15 装做作某事 16 看重 / 器重 , 评价高 17 想象作某事 18 被用来做 ~ 习惯于 ~ 过去常常做 ~
21 花费… . 做… .
in one’s opinionThe news proves true.
pretend to do…think highly/much of
be used to do// doing////// used to doIt takes sb sth to do sth.
1. compete: (vt) take part in a race,
contest, exam, etc.
(1) compete in 在…中比赛 / 竞争 Will you compete in the race?
(2) compete against / with… 与…竞争/ 比赛
He is going to compete against / wit
h his classmates.
(3) compete for 为…而竞争 / 比赛 The two teams will compete for the cha
(4) competitor 竞争者 co
mpetition 竞争 , 比赛 competitive (adj.) 竞争性的 , 比赛性
2. survive vt &vi 幸存 Fortunately he survived the traffic accide
Camels can survive for many days with n
The helicopter picked up all the ________.
They prayed for the _______ of the sailors.
survivor (n.) 幸存者 survival (n.) 幸存
3. remain (1) vi. 留下 , 遗留 I went to the city, but my brother rem
ained at home. (2) link-verb. 后接 n. /adj. / 介词短语
/ 表位置的 adv. My friend became a boss, but I remai
ned a teacher. The death of the old man remained u
nknown. The problem remains to be discussed.
Nothing remains but to send the invitation out. ( 只要…就行了 )It only remains for me to sign the paper that you gave me. ( 某人所要做的只是某事 )He bought a new book with the _________ ( 剩下的 ) 40 yuan.=He bought a new book with the 40 yuan ___. ( 剩下的 )
--- Why do you look so upset?
--- There are so many
troublesome problems ___.
A. remaining to
C. remaining to be settled
D. remained to be settled.
4. the rest 作主语时 , 根据指带对象不同 , 可能是单数 , 也可能是复数。
(1) I have finished most of the work, and t
he rest __ to be done next week.
(2) Some students went out, and the rest _
__ remained in the classroom.
5. imagine vt. 想象 n. imagination
(1) You can’t imagine how I miss you all.
(2) We can hardly imagine life without w
(3) Can you imagine her becoming a thie
f? = C
an you imagine her as a thief?
6. state / condition / situation
(1) We try to make ourselves get into a
____ before the exam.
(2) Janna is in a poor ____ of health,
which worries her parents.
(3) His health is in good ________.
(4) Suddenly he found himself in a diff
state 状态 , 可数名词 ; condition
条件 , 复数形式表 “环境 , 状况” ; situation 指处境 , 局势。
7. find / find out / discover
(1) I’ve _____ the book I was looking for.
(2) Please _______ what time they are
(3) The police are trying hard to _______
about the accident.
(4) Columbus _________ the New Worl
d in 1492.
find out : 经过努力有意去 “找” ,
“ 打听” , “ 弄清楚”； find: “ 找到 , 发现” , 强调结果。
discover: 发现本来就存在但未被人所知的事物 , 地方 , 思想等。
8. gift 礼物 ; 天赋 He has got lots of birthday gifts.
He is a man of gifts. 他多才多艺。 The boy has a gift for music.
gifted (adj.) 有天赋的
9. 情态动词 +have done ( 对过去发生的事实的推测 )
He paid for a seat when he _____ have entered free. (could /would / must / need)
I _______ have been more than six years old when the accident happened. (shouldn’t / couldn’t / mustn’t / needn’t)
10. …it easily melts when heated…
连接词 + 分词 ( 前后主语一致 : 主动用 v-ing, 被动用过去分词 ) 。
(1) While (they were) ________the house,
they found the vase.
(2) When (he was) _____, he made no ans
(3) Unless (I am) ______, I won’t go there.
(4) When ______ help, one often says “Thank you” or “It’s kind of you”. (offering / to offer / to be offered / offered)
(5) When first __________ (introduce) to the market, these products enjoyed great success. (o4 四川 )
11. design (v. / n.)
(1) They ________ the building carefully.
(2) The experiment ____________ test the
new drug. ( 打算将…用作… )
(3) I like the ______ of the new school.
(4) Children above 12 are able to take part
in skiing or other activities ________ (d
esign) for them. (05 丰台统考 )
designedis designed to
12. fancy adj.
(1) fancy clothes 新奇服装(2) Fancy meeting you here!
(3) I don’t fancy walking in the snow.
我不喜欢在雨中行走。 have a fancy for… 爱好 , 爱上 , 入迷 fancy sb. doing sth. 想象某人做某事
13. in return 回报 , 作为报酬 What can we do for them in return for
all the help they have given us? 我们将怎样来报答他们所给予我们的种种帮助呢 ?
I gave him some books in return for his assistance.
in turn 轮流地 , 依次 ; 反过来 by turns 轮流地 , 时而…时而…
14. missing / lost / gone
(1) Five people were _______.
(2) The boat and all the men were ___
in the storm.
(3) My pain in the leg is ____ now.
(4) Much to his upset, Bob found his
wallet _______ just as he wanted to
pay for the necktie.
missing: “ 丢失的 , 缺少的” , 强调不在场 ;
lost: 过去分词 , “ 失去的 , 丧失的”gone: 过去分词 , “ 过去的 , 不在的 , 丢
了” , 常作表语和补语。15. 介词 + 名词 ( 表状态 )at war/work/home/tableon show/duty/sale/holiday/fire/watchin trouble/danger/battle/doubtunder repair/discussion/construction
16. There’s no doubt that… There’s no need to do / for sth / sb There’s no possibility that… (It’s) no wonder (that)… 难怪…(1) Do you doubt ____ she will succeed?(2) I doubt _________ he will keep his w
ord.(3) I have no doubt ____ he will win the
1. Time spent: A ____ of artists spent ___
years making it.
2. Material: 7,000 tons of ______ were used
for making it, with ____ and ______.
3. Purpose: It was made ___ to be a gift,
___ for the Palace of Frederick I.
The Amber Room
4. Results: It was _________ to Russia
people. After Frederick William I
succeeded his father and ______ the
king of Prussia; soon it became part of
the Czar’s winter palace; it was one of
the great _______ of the world; in
it was _____ by the Nazis. Now a new
Amber Room ____________ in Russia
and it ______________ the old one,
________ the old photos.
has been built
looks much like
2. Task 2: Fill in the blanks using which,
as, when, who, whom, where, when,
(1) St Petersburg is a very beautiful city,
_____ was once called Leningrad.
(2) In Xi’an, I met a teacher, ____ has a s
trong love for cultural relics and took
me to visit the history museum.
(3) I don’t remember the soldier, ____ told
me not to tell anyone what I had seen.
(4) My grandfather was a child then, ____
people didn’t pay much attention to
cultural relics in the old days.
(5) They moved the boxes to a mine, _____
they wanted to hide them.
(1) What surprised me was not what he
said but the way _____________ he
(2) We’re just trying to reach a point _
____ both sides will sit down togeth
er and talk. (06 山东）
3. Task 3: Practice.
(3) ___ is often the case, we have
worked out the production plan.
(4) This is the very house _____ he lived.
(5) Next winter, _____ you will spend in
Harbin, I’m sure, will be another
(6) That’s the reason ____ he was late.
(7) The pictures brought the days back to
the old _____ they swam in the river.
(8) Robert and his songs ___ were famous
in the U. S. are also popular in China.
(9) They are always smoking, _____ of
course, will do harm to their health.
(10) The situation _____ you use the
words is very clear in fact.
1. The reason why he explained at the
meeting surprised us.
2. I can remember the days when we
Correct the mistakes
3. The way in which you talked about
is very important for us.
4. Put the book in which you can it
in which –(which /that)
1. Finish the related exercises .
2. Remember the useful