digital trends 2013 - dmf
out of 85
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONDigital Trends for 2013.
- DIGITAL TRENDS
- Hello! My name is Bart.
- This is my daughter Merel.
- Im passionate about coffee.
- I live and work about coffee.Im passionate in Ghent.
- I work at digital agency Wijs (ex: Netlash-bSeen).
- DIGITAL TRENDSDMF, 11/10/2012
- Based on Netlash-bSeen Online Trendrapport 2012.
- Based on Netlash-bSeen Online Trendrapport 2012. Crowdsourced, postmodern collection of opinions.
- 10 trends based on my personal opinion.
- Listen carefully.
- Personal opinion. Listen carefully.
- 1. The rise of the Death Stars
- Its a Winner Takes All world. 2012will continue the trend of 1 big behemoththat eats all its competition.
- Death Stars Online will eat all communications Digital will eat all interfaces Facebook will eat all social networks Apple will eat the PC-market?
- Network effects are dominant online.
- Network effects are dominant online. Look it up. Metcalfes Law.
- Network effects are dominant online. Look it up. Metcalfes Law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfes_law
- 2. Fragmentation of social
- Yes, Facebook will be the dominantgeneral social network.
- Yes, Facebook will be the dominantgeneral social network.Next to that general SN, we will subscribe toa truckload of niche-networks.
- Communities can not be built. They form aroundexisting common interests.Just like in real life (work, sport, bar, hobby, family...).
- The Facebook IPO will spawn a new breed ofstartups, ideas and business.(2 - 3 years)
- 3. Location is the new context
- Context is the way to break through thebanner blindness of consumers.
- Context is the way to break through thebanner blindness of consumers.See: Google. Ads are relevant to the search words.
- Location is the new context.Make your online offering more relevant byadding location as a lter.
- 4. Sensors everywhere
- Location sensors (gps) are only the beginning.
- Location sensors (gps) are only the beginning.Our devices (starting with our smartphones) willbecome aware of their surroundings.
- The nerd in me is happy. Star Trek is coming!
- Nest is a thermostat with activity, light,temperature... sensors.
- iBGStar Blood Glucose Meter is meant tomanage diabetes, with integrated app.
- Twine is a DIY-kit with temperature, vibration,moisture... sensors.
- Jawbone Up measuresmovement and sleep cycle.
- Watch out for: Cars with apps and sensors Face recognition Smart Clothing Even more sensors in smartphones
- 5. Data, data, data
- Everything is measurable Online analytics Trend data from social media Personal data from quantied self
- Start hiring statisticians and data gurus.Invest in big data infrastructure and CRM.
- 6. NFC is the new QR
- Near Field Communication RFID chips on steroids Contactless communication Expect it in smartphones next year
- You will still use it wrong.
- You will still use it wrong Its not a marketing tool cfr. QR-codes cfr. Bluetooth
- 7. Mainstream 3D-printers
- Makerbot is a 3D-printer that costs 1.749 USD...
- Everything will be digitized.
- 8. Mobile rst
- More internet access with mobiledevices then with laptop/desktop.
- Think Mobile First touch context different screens responsive!
- 9. Think Integrated
- Think integrated mobile / desktop ofine / online data silos
- Siloes website analytics seo press releases sea community social afliate e-mail marketing ...
- Playtimes over.
- 10. Keep an eye out for...
- Keep an eye out for... mobile payments Facebook credits APIs disappointing video HTML5 tablets
- Start with strategy.Think integrated.
- Remember 1 thing.
- There will be only 2 types of companies left.
- There will be only 2 types of companies left. The quick and the dead.