tumble: a baby monkey - ws.amco.me · tumble: a baby monkey tumble arrived at the city’s zoo two...
Embed Size (px)
UNIT 43rd GRADE
Total Points 35 Final Grade _______________________
LISTENING AND SPEAKING
1. Listen to the conversation. Circle T for True or F for False.(5 points)
a. Amy wants to go to the zoo. T F
b. She wants to see the new baby elephant. T F
c. Leah and her mom didn’t enjoy their visit to the zoo. T F
d. Amy wants to invite Leah to the zoo. T F
e. They will pick up Leah at 9 o’clock. T F
2. Circle the animals you hear in the conversation. (4 points)
giraffes horses tigers
3rd GradeREADING AND WRITINGPAGE 2
3. Read the story.
4. Draw Tumble’s picture. Use the information from the story. (4 points)
5. Write three things Tumble will do when he grows up. (3 points)
6. Answer the next questions. (2 points)
Tumble: A Baby Monkey
Tumble arrived at the city’s zoo two weeks ago. Tumble is a little baby monkey. He was born in spring. He has big, black eyes. He has brown fur and a funny face. He is so small that he can’t be far away from his mom. His mom has to take care of him. Tumble’s mom carries him carefully because she doesn’t want him to get hurt. Tumble wants to walk, but sometimes he falls down. He eats, sleeps, and holds onto his mom’s back most of the time.
When Tumble grows up, he will eat fruits, vegetables, seeds, and other food. His mom will teach him what food to choose to eat and will also teach him to walk and climb. Tumble will climb and jump from trees. He will play together with his friends and he will pull his friends’ tails. But for now, he has to wait until then.
d. Why do you think Tumble needs his mom?
e. If you were Tumble, what would you do when you grow up?
3rd Grade GRAMMAR PAGE 3
7. Write three actions Tumble does. (3 points)
8. Look at the pictures. These are some signs you can find at the zoo. Write a rule for each picture. (2 points)
9. Complete the sentences. Use the words from the Word Bank. (4 points)
a._____________________ b._____________________ c._____________________
f. Tumble will play with ____________________. (friends)
g. His mom takes care of ___________________. (Tumble)
h. Tumble can’t be far way from ________________. (mother)
i. Tumble’s mom looks at ________________________. (I)
3rd GradePRONUNCIATION LABPAGE 4
10. Circle the correct word. (4 points)
11. Look at the pictures. Complete the words. (4 points)
kangueru kangaroo kangaro
museum miuseum museium
sience ciense science
thirsty thiersti dirsty
d___ ___e___ ___
d___ ___ ___ ___a___ ___
r___ ___ ___s