deviren, m.n., cor, i., arikan, f. and gulyaeva, t.l. (1) hacettepe university, turkey,...
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Deviren, M.N., Cor, I., Arikan, F. and Gulyaeva, T.L. (1) Hacettepe University, Turkey, firstname.lastname@example.org (2) IZMIRAN, Russia, email@example.com GOAL : Develop a space weather risk index/indicator based on variability of ionospheric parameters computed from models. Candidates : Parameters calculated from ionospheric models. Variability of Ne, TEC, foF2, hmF2, Te, Ti, Diffusion coefficient, D and drift velocity, Composite Model of Current density, Conductivity, Background ionospheric electric potential, Models : IRI-Plas, NRL-MSIS, IGRF, HWM-93 1/5
- Slide 2
- Conservation of charge, Quasi-neutrality, Current density Conservation of Momentum Ambipolar diffusion coefficient and drift velocity Transport can include diffusion, neutral winds and vertical electromagnetic drift. Maxwells Equations: Consequence:, Define: Composite Current Density : 2/5
- Slide 3
- Gradient of Ne at 250 km, IRI-Plas 3/5 where is the ratio of gyrofrequency to collision frequency, and
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- Drift Velocity,,over Turkey Conductivities, Collision frequencies, 5/5
- Slide 6
- The physical parameters of ionosphere, such as current density, drift velocity, diffusion coefficient, conductivity can be computed using ionospheric models. IRI-Plas can input GIM-TEC and update Ne, foF2 and hmF2. Spatio-Temporal Variability over the parameter maps can be obtained to indicate direction and magnitude of change. Electrostatic potential can be computed from: This study is supported by the joint grant of TUBITAK 112E568 and RFBR 13-02-91370-CT_a. References: Withers, P., Theoretical models of ionospheric electrodynamics and plasma transport, JGR-Space Physics, 113, A07301, 1-12, 2008. Banks, P.M., Kockarts, G., Aeronomy, Elsevier, New York, 1973. Rishbeth, H., Garriott, O.K., Introduction to Ionospheric Physics, Elsevier, New York, 1969. 6/5 Conclusion 41st COSPAR Scientific Assembly Special COSPAR C1.3 /PSW Session Regions of the Enhanced Risk for the Ionospheric Weather Regions of the Enhanced Risk for the Ionospheric Weather 30 July 7 August 2016, Istanbul, Turkey, MSO Feza Arikan, DO Tamara Gulyaeva. Your Contributions are Welcome!
View more >