how to understand bounce rate
out of 8
Post on 22-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONGoogle Analytics is a broad subject. So I’ve decided to divide it all up according to its different (and most important or relevant) elements which brings us to the first in this series—bounce rates. I covered the following: * What Does “Bounce Rate” Mean? * What’s A Good Bounce Rate? * Is Bounce Rate Important? * Want To Improve Your Bounce Rates?
- 1. Understanding Google Analytics How to Understand Bounce Rates
- 2. Googles Definition Of Bounce Rate Bounce Rate is the percentage of single-page sessions (i.e. sessions in which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page).
- 3. Example
- 4. What Counts As A Bounce? When a user clicks on the back button. When a user types in another URL on the browser. When a user closes the tab or window. When a user clicks on an external link from your page. When a visitor doesnt interact with your page for a given amount of time.
- 5. What Can Bounce Rate Tell You? Whether youre providing relevant information to your audience Whether your site is an interesting online destination Whether youre engaging your visitors or not Whether your ad is congruent to your websites content
- 6. What Is An Acceptable Bounce Rate?
- 7. How To Improve Bounce Rate 1. Ensure that your sites navigation is easy and simple. 2. Avoid cluttering your site with unnecessary elements above the fold. 3. Make sure that you site loads quickly. 4. External links should open in a new tab or window. 5. Make sure you produce great and relevant content.
- 8. For More Information Visit: www.SeriouslySimpleMarketing.com
View more >