what is bounce rate?
out of 23
Post on 18-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThe ultimate guide to Google Analytics bounce rate. Simple answers to: What is bounce rate? Why is it important? How is bounce rate different from exit rate?
- 1. What is Bounce Rate?A guide to Google Analytics bounce rate
- 2. What is bounce rate?
- 3. What is bounce rate?Bounces are always one page visits.
- 4. Is bounce rate important?Pay attention to your bounce rate.
- 5. Why is bounce rate important?Bounce rate is a user satisfaction metric.
- 6. Are high bounce rates bad?High bounce rates are almost always bad.
- 7. When arent high bounce rates bad?Sometimes you satisfy query intent in one page.
- 8. What is a high bounce rate?Different sites (and pages) have different rates.
- 9. What is a high bounce rate? 40% 90% 50% Home Page Blog Post Product Page Your mileage may vary.
- 10. How do you analyze bounce rates? Check bounce rate by landing page and keyword.
- 11. Is exit rate the same as bounce rate? Exit rate is different from bounce rate.
- 12. What is exit rate?
- 13. What is exit rate?Exits may not have landed on that page.
- 14. What is exit rate?Exits are the last page viewed by a visitor.
- 15. Whats the difference between bounce rate and exit rate?Land Leave Land Click Leave Bounce Exit Exits can be more than one page visits.
- 16. Are exits always more than one page? Exits can also be bounces.
- 17. Are high exit rates bad?Different pages have different rates.
- 18. Are high exit rates bad?Pages that should naturally create further clicks, but dont, are ripe for optimization.
- 19. Final Questions THINGS ABOUT BOUNCE RATE
- 20. Can the exit rate be higher than the bounce rate? 100 People Visit From Another Page 100 Leave 100 People Land 50 Leave 50 Leave / 100 Land = 50% Bounce Rate 150 Leave / 200 Visit = 75% Exit Rate
- 21. Can the bounce rate be 100% while the exit rate is 25%? 900 People Visit From Another Page 150 Leave 100 People Land 100 Leave 100 Leave / 100 Land = 100% Bounce Rate 250 Leave / 1000 Visit = 25% Exit Rate
- 22. And now you know.
- 23. Share and ContactHey, before you go!Please Tweet, Like, +1 andshare this presentation if youfound it helpful or entertaining. AJ Kohn Owner, Blind Five Year OldThanks. http://www.blindveyearold.com @ajkohn
View more >