Virtual Makeover: 15+ Ideas for Engaging Elearning
out of 60
Post on 10-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONFor the Teaching Online MOOC, http://www.wiziq.com/course/62410-teachers-teaching-online Resources at http://Pearltrees.com/shellyterrell/integrating-web-2/id8081935
- 15+ Ideas to Get Students Actively Learning Online ShellyTerrell.com/category/byte-sized-potential Virtual Makeover!
- "The most exciting breakthroughs of the 21st century will not occur because of technology but because of an expanding concept of what it means to be human.” by John Naisbitt
- #Edchat/ 30 Goals/ RSCON/ Free Fri Webinars/ Ebook EVO
- Impact Thousands
- What’s your impact?
- Mission: Teacher
- Focus on the learning! iPad car mount by hammershaug, Flickr
- iPad car mount by hammershaug, Flickr “Pedagogy is the driver, technology is the accelerator.” by Michael Fullan Steve-‐wheeler.blogspot.com
- Step into your learners’ shoes
- Creativity Collaboration Connectivism Play Citizenship Experimentation Real-world connections Peeragogy Exploration
- • Students shape their learning & the curriculum • Instructor(s) builds the foundation & provides various opportunities for learners to collaboratively create and curate the content and resources • Students learn from & support each other Howard Rheingold Peeragogy.com Co-learning & Peeragogy
- It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed. - Napoleon Hill
- Participant Map Thinglink.com/scene/469135908172464130
- 3,2,1 Introduction 3 Things we should know about you 2 Places you love to visit 1 Job you wish you had
- Peer Edit HangOuts
- PearlTree Pinterest Livebinders List.ly Storify Educlipper
- “Learning is not the product of teaching. Learning is the product of the activity of learners.” - John Holt
- Voicethread.com • Discussions • Debates • Peer edi>ng • Poetry • Commentary • Review
- Activity: Create infographics with Piktochart.com
- Newspagedesigner.org/photo/ucl-‐ﬁnal-‐munich-‐2012 Activity: Compare teams (Infographic)
- ImageReadinginPeacebySusanaFernandez,Flic.kr/p/9bvGPF Pearltrees.com/p/bYc3P Learn with comics!
- Comic by Carmen Soto Fernández Created with Comicshead.com IOS & Android App Idea: Visualize poetry
- Idea: Recreate a scene from history Patricia Lucas, Phrase.it, Pinterest.com/pin/393220611186213680
- 328-‐ Nov 23th, 2012 -‐ Life of a Riyadh Teenager #365photoAR by Waleed Alzuhai, Flickr “People don’t have a propensity for laziness. People have a propensity for hard work. It just needs to be work that matters to them.” - Jane McGonigal
- Instead of homework and tasks… Write an essay. Watch a video.
- Give missions, quests & challenges!
- Topic: Hobbies Challenge: Post a picture of one of your favorite hobbies & describe why you enjoy it. Photo/video challenges
- Scenario: The mayor is ridding the city of graffiti unless he is convinced it is art. Mission: Snap photos of graffiti you want to keep and make a strong argument why it is art. Points Worth: 10 Bonus Points: Post a short reflection in your blog for 5 more points.
- Instead of grades … Altered image, Fuck this! by rafael-‐cas>llo, Flickr
- Points & badges Edmodo.com
- Points&badges makewav.es
- Encourage play with a digital sandbox!
- Usewalkthroughs Bit.ly/12I3epM
- Create Games & Quizzes Tinytap.it Scratch.mit.edu Blubbr.tv Photopeach.com
- Langwitches.org/blog/2009/12/04/csi-twitter-crime-scene- investigation/
- Guests engage students
- Brainstorming,BirthofanIdeabySuperlative00,Flickr Let’s Brainstorm
- Go on a virtual field trip!
- Virtual field trips with Google.com/culturalinstitute
- Google Earth http://www.google.com/earth/index.html
- Children's book written by Mr. Smith’s 5th grade special education students at Gibbs Elementary School http://bit.ly/1eiMdLq An interactive field guide of Northwest Florida. Created by Andrea Santilli’s 7th grade students from Woodlawn Beach Middle School http://bit.ly/1eiMnCu
- ePortfolio Reflections Present.me/view/197057-digital-storytelling-andr-233-s-g
- Pearltree.com Pearltrees.com/shellyterrell/integrating-web-2/id8081935
- It all begins with seeds “If your actions in the classroom inspire children to achieve more, question more, and dream more, you are indeed worthy of the title “Teacher.”’ – Robert John Meehan
- ShellyTerrell.com Facebook.com/ShellyTerrell Bit.ly/ShellTerrell Google.com/+ShellySanchezTerrell T: @ShellTerrell
View more >
Virtual Bookstore and Marketplace Innovative eLearning Partner for Schools Cost-Saving Resource for Students August 15, 2013.