saturn:an image makeover
Post on 21-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. By:- Kalp Desai Sunil Chhajar Anand Muchhal AnshuKejriwal Prashant Yadav Arghya Saha
- Q1. Using full spectrum of segmentation variables, describe how GM has segmented the automobile market?
3. Bases of Segmentation
- Country:- USA
- Climate:- Western & southern parts are warm & dry but northern & Eastern parts are cold & dry & winds accompany rains
- Market Size:- 281.4 million people
- Market Density:- Urban, Semi-urban & rural
- Age:- 38 years
- Income:- $51000 p.a approx
- Family size:- 4 to 5
- Gender:- Both-Male & Female
- Occupation:- Mostly Salaried professionals
- Education:- High school graduates.
- Lifestyle:- Mostly strivers & impulsive Experiencers
- Social class:- Middle class
- Personality:- compulsive, spendthrift.
- Usage:- Regular & everyday
- Loyalty status:- Strong
- Benefits:- Safety, innovative features, Fuel Economy, Balanced Drive.
- Saturn, in the beginning, had a differentiated products for different market segments.
- You get what you ask for
- Since the co. had invested a lot in R&D, it focused on customer relationships
- Innovative features like ABS created higher value.
- Non-truck buyers who wished for better fuel economy.
5. Q2.What segment(s) is Saturn now targeting ? How is GM now positioning Saturn? How do these strategies differ from those employed with the original Saturn S-series? 6. Five Patterns of Target Market Selection Single-segment concentration Product specialization M1M2M3P1 P2 P3 Selective specialization M1M2M3P1 P2 P3 M1M2M3Full market coverage P1 P2 P3 Market specialization M1M2M3P1 P2 P3 P1 P2 P3 M1M2M3P = Product M = Market 7. Saturn is now Targeting:
- Selective Segmentation
- To reachthetype of import buying customers.
- High end customers.
- Luxuryloving people.
m1 m2 m3 p1 p2 p3 8. GMs POSITIONING SATURN
- CREATINGBRAND IMAGE:PEOPLE POSITIONING BY SERVING THEM WITH QUALITYPRODUCT & SERVICES ATTACHED TO IT.
- INTRODUCING NEW MODEL :SKY TWO-SEAT ROADSTER , AURA SPORT SEDAN, OUTLOOK CROSSOVER VEHICLE ,GM LAMBDA PLATFORM
- CHANGEIN PRODUCT LINE : HIGH PRICED VEHICLE
- ADOPTINGAN IMAGE :SPORTY EUROPEAN BRANDOPEL
- PROVIDES TWO SUB-LINES OF VEHICLE:
- RED LINEPerformance- oriented.
- GREEN LINE-Environmentally friendlier. Hybrid at low price.
9. DIFFENCES MADE FROM S- SERIES
- LUXURY CAR
- LACK OF MODEL
- QUALITY FELL BELOW INDUSTRY AVERAGE
10. Q3.DESCRIBE THE ROLE THAT THE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PLAYS IN SATURNS TARGETING STRATEGY? 11.
- Introduction of innovative technologies .
- Introduction of cars powered by ICE(Internal Combustion Engines).
- Launching of hybrid cars as an environmentally sound alternative.
- Line Green Teacher Grant program.
- It gave equal opportunities to women, ethnic minorities andpeople with disabilities.
- It gave philanthropic support to various causes.
ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT : : OTHER COMMITMENTS 12. 13.
- LACK OF MODELS DURING 1990S.
- DOWNTURN OF SALES DUE TO RECESSION.
- DECLINING TREND IN QUALITY-FALL BELOW MARKET AVERAGE.
- KEEPING LESSER MARGINSWHICH LEADS TO MODERATE GROWTH IN PROFITS AND REVENUE.
- LACK IN VISION FORINNOVATION, IMPROVEMENT, REBADGING AND INFUSING.
- LOYAL CUSTOMERS ONLY KEPT THE SALES CURVE MOVING UPWARDS.
- SATURN CLEARLY CHANGED ITS IMAGE AND STARTED FLOORING NEW MODELS LIKE SKY, AURA, OUTLOOK.
- SATURN HAS VALUABLE ASSETS LIKE ROCK SOLID DEALER NETWORK, HIGH-PURCHASE PROCESSSATISFACTION RATINGS AND LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE TO BUILD UPON
- HIGHER PRICES AND MARGINS WOULD REPRESENT GREATER GROWTH IN PROFITS AND REVENUES.
- THE GREEN-LINE INTRODUCEDA FULL HYBRID TECHNOLOGY AT A PRICE MUCH LOWER THAN ANY OTHER HYBRID OFFERING.
NEGATIVES POSITIVES 14. Q5.WHAT SEGNMENTATION, TARGETIING, AND POSTIONING AND RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD YOU MAKE TO GM FOR FUTURES SATUREN MODELS? 15. ANALYSIS SEGMENTATION TARGETING POSITIONING DIFFERENTIATED MARKETING DIFFERENTIATED SEGMENT MORE FOR MORE MORE FOR SAME MORE FOR LESS THE SAME FOR LESS LESS FOR MUCH B EN I FITSPRICE 16. THANK YOU