presentation on akhil chopra
Click here to load reader
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Akhil Chopra was born in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Akhil, who was 28 years old, was fatally shot by an unidentified robber around noon on August11 th, 2005 while he was meditating in a park in Houston city, USA.
- Akhil had a great love for writing. A talented media-person, Akhil dedicated his life to spreading goodwill and interfaith harmony. Akhil had a great writing skills and many of his writings were published both in Indian and American news papers.
- He wrote more than 50 articles on Computers, Business, Politics, Philosophy, Health and Adventure for leading US and Indian dailies like India Abroad, The Times of India and The Indian Express.Akhil was also proficient in playing musical instruments like the piano, harmonica, banjo and the flute.
- He had a good sense of humor and we can find it from some of his articles like: Letter to God
- How to be a Loud speaker
- Multiple vacancies
- Attend a funky marriage
- Aaj ke samachar, etc.
- He was very cool person and use to help people. He once bought a car from his friend who was in urgent need of money to come to India and he was finding some buyer for his car.
- He was very spiritual person. He use to read Bhajans and other spiritual material.
- Akhil had his schooling in Rachana School, Shahibaug, Ahmedabad and completed his pre-degree course from Amrut High School, Ahmedabad.
- He completed his MBA in marketing from Gujarat University, KS School of Business Management, Ahmedabad in 1999.
- He was awarded the National Merit Scholarship for meritorious students from India.He was also selected as one of 100 scholars to present a research paper on Business Challenges of 21st Century A Global Perspective at Nirma International Conference, Ahmedabad.
- He went to the United States in 2001 and while working completed his Masters in MIS from the University of St. Thomas.
- He was awarded the membership to St. Isidore Society, the honor society for MS Majors in the University of St. Thomas. During his study in USA, he started working as a System Analyst in Star Pipe Products.
- He was also taken the lead role in organizing the Houston Janmashtami festival for the benefit of the Indian-American community. A very spiritual and profound scholar for his age, he was also a talented and dedicated certified yoga teacher.
- He had participated in the MS150 Bike Tour from Houston to Austin, which raises money for multiple Sclerosis research. He use to read news section on The voice of Sanathan Hinduism Radio program.
- He worked with Hindu Students council and volunteered for a variety of local groups offering education programs for children and young people.
- He was also involved with non profiting organisations like Hindu swayam sevak sangh, Vishwa Hindu Parishad of America, India Development and Relief Fund, etc.
- Akhil chopra, Hindu community leader was meditating in a park near his office when he shot dead.
- His body was found by a passer-by about 1 p.m. Thursday on a bench inside a gazebo at Bishop Joseph A. Fiorenzza Park, on Ashford Point.
- He had a gunshot wound to his left temple and a bullet appeared to have grazed his forehead.
- His body arrived to new Delhi on 19 thAugust at 01:05 am.
- His holy pyre was done on the Raksha Bandhan day on the banks of the river Ganga.
- Always stay positive
- Keep your work place and home clean
- Help others to the possible extent
- Pray and remember God at least twice a day
- Always remember those people who have helped you to learn and grow
- Stay fit mentally and physically by doing exercises, Yoga and meditation
- Practice all the good things continuously and share it.
- Be an effective communicator
- Dont be dependent on others (on any matter), unless it is very necessary
- Always keep engaged yourself in any good deeds, which you believed in.
- Akhil is survived by his father and mother, Mr. Ashok and Mrs. Uma Chopra at Ahmedabad, also his brother Nikhil Chopra with his extended family, wife Mamta Chopra and their child Aryan Chopra who live in Mumbai.
- He will be remembered for his work, his relations with his family, friends and others and his beautiful articles.
- We pray that may his soul rest in peace.