Use your CMS to engage with your clients
out of 9
Post on 13-May-2015
DESCRIPTIONMany businesses use CMS websites to 'push' their message, rather than to engage. Hire Neogain to help you develop your website.
- Use your CMS to engage with your clients
- Dont just push your content, but engage. Your website is an opportunity to not just push your message, but to enable a dialogue with your clients and prospects.
- How you communicate depends upon your business, but this article will give you examples of how you can use your website for more than informing others of your offerings.
- Make communication easier.
- Many websites offer a contact form to enable people to easily send a message. This often works more in the favour of the website owner, than the visitor, as it helps prevent spam, as many website owners than dont provide an email address.
- Yet the website visitor is often constricted to a small message window, which sometimes is frustrating to use.
- Instead a website owner can use contact forms to engage in a more meaningful way, such as providing drop-down lists, attachment and selection boxes, plus naturally providing a larger area to write the message itself.
- This then results in the website owner receiving specific data, which can help improve the response from the website team.
- You can even go a step further and provide an online assistant option via your website.
- Enabling people to contact a staff member via a text window, if they have a question at any stage of visiting your website.
- This instant messaging can then help facilitate communication in the first place, plus help speed up communication.
- Add a forum.
- A forum isnt right for everyone and can actually lead to problems, especially if not regularly moderated.
- Even if your business sells a good product or service, unhappy customers can happen to any business from time to time, and a forum could prove to be an anti-sales issue, rather than helping to improve communication.
- However for some websites,forums are ideal, especially for those running communities.
- Plus a forum can help you grow website pages and thus can work towards search engine placement.
- Go social!
- Often businesses fail to properly highlight to clients their social network accounts, yet social networks can be integrated into websites in different ways.
- From informing clients of your social network accounts, listing your latest social network updates, else listing updates via a topic or hash-tag (Twitter), they enable you to extend your communication reach.
- Popular content management systems enjoy a wide range of social network plugins, but also it is relatively easy for a website developer to use RSS feeds for accounts, to place within a website.
- Often you can use a plugin for the content management system, else third-party generic modules that can work with a wide range of content management systems. A website shouldnt just be about talking to your clients, but also configured so your visitors can more easily communicate with you.
- If you require awebsite developer , please hire Neogain.
View more >
netwealth Customer Engagement Series - Leveraging technology to Engage, Educate and Excite your clients